N+1. Condor World Series fixie

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited May 2013 in Commuting chat
Got C2W coming up and tempted to get myself one of these as can do it for a grand.

Has anyone got one? Be interested to hear thoughts.

I think they look really cool and it would basically be a toy with no real 'purpose' as such.

20111125143859_world_series_yellow.jpg

Comments

• clarkey cat
    Or spend a little bit more and get a Tempo, put my rack and Ortliebs on it (which aren't currently being used) and have a really nice commuter... can't make up my mind. Useful bike or toy?

20111124172628_tempo_2011_slate.jpg
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    edited May 2013
    Been perving at the Pista for a while, prefer it to the world series in the flesh but going to go with an Orange tempo frameset me thinks, hope they got stock! hate the idea of a sensible fixie though...

Condor_Tempo_Fra_506af9d7cb6db.jpg
  • clarkey cat
    it does seem to be the sensible choice.

how much is a full-build looking at costing Pete? The BikeBuilder isn't working.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    it does seem to be the sensible choice.

how much is a full-build looking at costing Pete? The BikeBuilder isn't working.

It's either old age coming or a new found love of mudguards which probably is the same as old age coming.

Costed a Pista last year, must have been around 1200 (suckered into upgrades) but bottled it. Only need the frameset this time around, transfer everything from the current fix and build it myself. Hopefully the frame and fork are standard track widths.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Having gone through the process of choosing a frame that can take a rack and guards I have now reached the conclusion that the bike is far too nice to put a rack and guards on. Good to have the option come the winter though.
    I do like the look of the Tempo in orange. I think I'd go for that.
  • clarkey cat
    Having owned a Fratello in orange I think I'd go for something a little more discrete this time. Really like the grey. Also, my ortliebs are red so would clash with the orange.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440

Get this one because you get a spare mystery cable on the down tube. I'm guessing its for an ejector saddle.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • clarkey cat
    Asprilla... I don't know whether to laugh or cry that you noticed that.
  • asprilla
    Hobbies include cycling, amateur dramatics and looking for bad photoshoppery.

I did have to go to the Condor site to check they didn't do an SA three speed hub version.

The choice though is a dilemma. Ideally you want them both, one for nice days and one for the other 300 days of the year. That means you've got to go for the sensible one. Unfortunately.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    Asprilla wrote:

Get this one because you get a spare mystery cable on the down tube. I'm guessing its for an ejector saddle.
    And a mystery bar end shifter too;-)
  • asprilla
    Changed my mind. Get the World Series. The worst that can happen is that you regret it and get the Tempo next year.

You only live once.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Asprilla wrote:
    Hobbies include cycling, amateur dramatics and looking for bad photoshoppery.

I did have to go to the Condor site to check they didn't do an SA three speed hub version.

The choice though is a dilemma. Ideally you want them both, one for nice days and one for the other 300 days of the year. That means you've got to go for the sensible one. Unfortunately.
    Well spotted about the cable, made me chuckle. Did spot this picture on the Tempo page:
    A6533328.jpg&newxsize=455&newysize=341
    Although there doesn't seem to be a hub gear option on their bike builder. Odd.