Pringles!

Camus
Camus Posts: 189
edited May 2013 in Road general
So this was a first.

A few miles in I'd just set off from a red light today and what comes flying at me from the passenger window of a Mercedes coupe but a half eaten packet of Pringles' finest. My face did all of the following :lol: :twisted: :roll:

Managed to react in time to catch them in one hand, stuff them in a jersey pocket for a handy munch on the way round...actually no, they smacked me in the ribs and bounced under the bike.

If I didn't have a chip on my shoulder about dumbass motorists I do now.

Comments

• Churchill123
    Churchill123 Posts: 341
    where was this mate? - In a big city, or out in the country side?
  • charlie_potatoes
    charlie_potatoes Posts: 1,921
    What flavour?
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Camus
    What flavour?

Haha, didn't put that because wasn't sure, the tin was partly blue and white so maybe salt and vinegar, maybe a special edition, fancy!
    where was this mate? - In a big city, or out in the country side?

It was in Shaw which is a town a few miles north of Manchester, was heading out towards Saddleworth/W Yorkshire and the moors. Didn't get a plate, don't use a cam and they drove of too quick.

Pretty disgusting behaviour really to think it's ok to pull stuff like that but nothing surprises me so not too shocked.
  • seejay
    seejay Posts: 11
    That's the problem with nice weather. It's great for cycling but genitalia-headed people also come out to shake about. Thankfully an accident was avoided, hope you're not too shaken.
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Can you not report it or something? Date and time might be enough if there were cameras at the lights or something.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • sunburntknees
    sunburntknees Posts: 272
    Maybe you looked like you were bonking?
  • Camus
    seejay wrote:
    That's the problem with nice weather. It's great for cycling but genitalia-headed people also come out to shake about. Thankfully an accident was avoided, hope you're not too shaken.

Thanks mate, totally agree, bit of sunshine and madness ensues but yeah, I'm fine, takes a lot to get to me fortunately, just keep thinking if it was somebody else.
    TheHound wrote:
    Can you not report it or something? Date and time might be enough if there were cameras at the lights or something.

Wasn't sure whether not having the reg would be a problem but good point, think I'll give the police a ring tomorrow. Maybe something would come of it.
    Maybe you looked like you were bonking?

Lmao it was like I had my own personal but aggressive team car for five seconds. Somehow I don't think crisps would keep Nibali top of the GC, or maybe that's his secret?!
  • houston26
    houston26 Posts: 115
    Was it deliberate or maybe a child just threw it out window? I know my niece is a right pain for littering, I had to apologise to a cyclist when she threw a banana skin out the window. Lucky bloke seen the funny side
  • Camus
    houston26 wrote:
    Was it deliberate or maybe a child just threw it out window? I know my niece is a right pain for littering, I had to apologise to a cyclist when she threw a banana skin out the window. Lucky bloke seen the funny side

Yeah I did think it might have been littering and just bad timing. I hate littering as much as irresponsible drivers though, no need.