My new bike - Tommaso

persiks
persiks Posts: 61
edited May 2013 in Your road bikes
Yesterday i swap my mtb bike to Tommaso Aggraziato road bike. Spent a while in LBS for setting sitting position. Actually, it rides fantastic, but i want to upgrade it for better looking. I want full Ultrega groupset and Mavic Aksium or Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset. I already have Look Keo pedals, but haven't road shoes, so need to ride with my MTB shoes.
This is my first experience in road cycling.

Frame: Tommaso High-Modulus Monocoque Carbon Fiber Road
Fork: Tommaso High-Modulus Monocoque Carbon Fiber Road
Headset: Integrated Threadless
Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 6700 (2X10)
Chain: Shimano 105
Brakes: Tektro 320
Derailleurs: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Series
Wheelset: Shimano RS10
Tires: Hutchinson 700 X 23C
Crankset: FSA Omega 50X34T Compact
Cassette: Shimano 105 5700 11-25T, 10 Speed
Handlebars: Tommaso Alu Ulralight Race Series
Stem: Tommaso Alu Ultralight Race Series
Seatpost: Tommaso Alu Ultralight Race Series
Saddle: Tomasso Road

omcr24c1883smxt0mw7p.jpg

olkfvuei8r34601v9w.jpg

vv2cda0ewm2v8w42886.jpg

poswnwm15r84j6zsa67p.jpg

saei64mq2m9uqbsezpo.jpg
My first road bike - Tommaso Aggraziato

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Looks Good. Not a brand we come across in the UK. I thought it was going to be a Tomassini Italian steel throughbred.

I wouldn't upgrade the wheels for the ones you ve mentioned. Stick with the Ultegra 6700 groupset options for your chainset and get the Tubeless Ultegra Wheelset (clinchers will fit as well).

I d change the calipers as well for 6700's (saying that though I ve never ridden that model of tektro, so they could be okay for all I Know)
  • persiks
    I've got this bike from person who shipped it from USA. Im from Latvia, and there isn't dealers for Tommaso bikes.

Thanks for advice, full Ultegra with wheelset would be ery nice setup, but ultegra wheelset is pretty expensive. I think brakes would be one of the first what is going to be replaced, or mby crankset. These are thing that looks the worst on this bike.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    There are two UK based sites, JE James Cycles and Merlin were the Ultegra wheels can be picked up for £210 which is not a lot more than I would expect you would pay for Askiums but a whole lot more wheel, a lot more durable. lighter and easy to self service. Plus you can decide to try tubeless out in the future.

Of course both the wheelsets you mentioned can be found around the £100 mark second hand on E bay.
  • ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    tim wand wrote:
    There are two UK based sites, JE James Cycles and Merlin were the Ultegra wheels can be picked up for £210 which is not a lot more than I would expect you would pay for Askiums but a whole lot more wheel, a lot more durable. lighter and easy to self service. Plus you can decide to try tubeless out in the future.

Of course both the wheelsets you mentioned can be found around the £100 mark second hand on E bay.

To be fair, either ultegra or aksiums are likely to be a training wheel, therefore will see bad weather conditions. For less money and a tiny bit more weight you get sealed cartridge bearings in the aksiums as opposed to cup and cone in the ultegras. Plus anybody with even a modicum of common sense can work out how to strip a mavic hub and regrease the bearings.

As far as durabilities concerned my aksiums have thousands of kms on them and haven't come the slightest bit out of true. Multiple pot holes and poor road surfaces to boot.

More than I can say about a few 32 spoke wheels I've used, and they're only 20!
  • Camus
    Camus Posts: 189
    Less technical than above posts but I like the fluoro yellow and white details on black. Enjoy the roads.
  • persiks
    Shimano Ultegra wheelset looks like the best option for now. There is one second hand option - Mavic Ksyrium SL with DuraAce cassette and Schwalbe Ultremo tires for about 200£. But i should start with tires because i have very small cracks on these tires. I don't know why, maybe because bike more than year stayed in room with no ridind.

What do you think about Continental Ultra Sport? In Bike-Discount the price is 15eur per foldable tire.