Superstar Techno Lime Green colour opinion

hard-rider
hard-rider Posts: 460
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Has anyone purchased anything in the Techno Lime Green colour from SS? Unfortunately, the black Tesla hubs are out of stock until at least July so I'm thinking about the Techno Lime Green instead but not sure how it looks in the flesh. It's to go on a lime green frame. Rims will be either ArchEX or Pacenti TL28. What do you think?

2013_frames_110.jpg

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    It is very light green.... Brighter than that green
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • hard-rider
    Hmmm. Here is another closer up photo of the paint that hasn't had any post production done to it. Would you say that the SS Techno Lime Green would match, is lighter / brighter? I know colours are very difficult to capture accurately on camera but I just want an idea if it's even close.
    large_IMG-20130327-WA0000_zpsdaade1f8.jpg
  • steviecapt
    steviecapt Posts: 70
    ive got the lime green nano tech pedals on my boardman team r bike, its like a rich light apple green, boardering on the flourescent green, looks like a match for your frame lol
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    My mates just put a set of Nano's in that colour on his Commencal Meta;

603873_10152794488290615_1342350333_n.jpg
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    The techno green seems to vary a lot in shade in pictures on Superstars site depending on what part it's on. Part of this might be down to the photography, but colour anodising does vary depending on the composition of the ally. In some pics I like it, in others I don't, and if you fit various parts with varying shades it'll look gash (see it all the time in motorcycling - bikes with ten different shades of gold anodised parts on, for example, and it looks terrible).

I don't think the Superstar green would look good at all on that frame pictured. When you're fitting coloured parts (either on a bicycle or motorbike) then (in my opinion) it needs to be exactly the same colour, or a contrast - if you fit a colour that's similar, but not the same it usually looks pants. That frame's a very similar colour to the wheels on a couple of my bikes - blue works well with it (or black / silver if you want to keep things more subtle).
  • hard-rider
    Thanks for your input. I tend to agree and feel that having varying shades of a colour can spoil the whole effect and cheapen the look.

I now need to find an alternative to the Tesla hub as I don't really want to wait till July for SS to get their stock of black Teslas.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Best not to mix anodised colours other than black with painted finishes, they'll never match, as I learnt from my Mojo HD build. I'd stick with black anodised stuff, but slik graphics can match any painted colour for stuff like forks and wheel decals, can look very factory if you get it right :) Good choice on the colour and frame btw, will be watching what pyga do next as they look fantastic and Patrick Morewood knows his stuff for sure!!
  • Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    It's green - what's not to love!!!
    You can't beat a bright green bike...
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • steviecapt
    steviecapt Posts: 70
    they do look lighter than in that photo, mine go well with the green colour on a boardman frame, that should give you some idea of the colour, try looking on boardman bikes for the green colour to give you a better idea if your still interested
  • Kowalski675
    steviecapt wrote:
    they do look lighter than in that photo,

Assuming that's a white frame in the picture, the camera white balance setting is way off.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    hard-rider wrote:
    Hmmm. Here is another closer up photo of the paint that hasn't had any post production done to it. Would you say that the SS Techno Lime Green would match, is lighter / brighter? I know colours are very difficult to capture accurately on camera but I just want an idea if it's even close.
    large_IMG-20130327-WA0000_zpsdaade1f8.jpg
    Parts of that look like they haven't been painted properly :?
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I deliberately bought a green bike so I wouldn't try to buy tarty green bits as none properly match. Black all the way for me now.
  • Kowalski675
    That candy metallic green with black anodised components would look the bollox.