wheel rub with qr skewer

I7 Extreme
I7 Extreme Posts: 228
edited May 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
my rear wheel is rubs against my frame, How do I fix it? (it's a qr wheel) I'm pretty sure the qr skewer is in the right way.
thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The QR skewer has no right way at all, is the wheel in the dropouts correctly (before doing up the QR), is it true (not buckled), have you just messed with the bearings?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I7 Extreme
    It's all fine now, It was so simple to fix, I don't know what was wrong with me. I have horizontal dropouts with two special adjusters which I have now used. I don't understand why I didn't use them, I've had my bike for years and used them in the past :shock:
  • The Rookie
    A QR with sliding drop outs is rarely a good idea!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I7 Extreme
    I have these adjuster things which holds them in place, you might be able to see what i mean with this picture - http://www.moredirt.co.uk/bikes/33658.jpg
  • The Rookie
    Familiar with them, I'd still use nuts though....