that annoying moment when...

felix.london
felix.london Posts: 4,067
edited May 2013 in MTB general
...you've just put your Boxxers back together and realised you've forgotten to put the O-Ring back on the stanchion :x
"Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    If you're OCD like myself, you will strip them down again.

Normal people will just use a cable tie for sag setting and re fit it at the next service.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • felix.london

Normal people will just use a cable tie for sag setting and re fit it at the next service.

OCD. If you're gonna do a job and all that. It's those bloody frame bumpers which are the biggest pain in the arris

Trek Session 8
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Cut O ring tidily with sharp blade, put on fork, tiny spot of super glue and job done.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • felix.london
    It'd be hard trying to type what an ar$e you were with stanchions glued into lowers and hands glued to stanchions :D

Trek Session 8
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    It'd be hard trying to type what an ar$e you were with stanchions glued into lowers and hands glued to stanchions :D

:lol:
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120

OCD. If you're gonna do a job and all that. It's those bloody frame bumpers which are the biggest pain in the arris

I find spraying them with some IPA or other evaporating liquid really helps with removal and installation. At least you can just lower the leg out of the crowns unlike with a single crown fork.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yup, forgetting it with singlecrowns is more annoying.

PS, lock-on bumpers ftw :lol: Bit bulky though, not working as well on the new bike as they did on the herb.
    Uncompromising extremist