Which Giant

clipboard2008
clipboard2008 Posts: 3
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi All

Looking at getting back into biking and searching for a new bike, my curent custom bike I built last year is far too small to ride anywhere comfortably and after test riding a Trance 2 29er I realise it is far too small

I've really been after the Giant Trance 29er 1, it's had lods of great reviews but is not available anywhere in my size (XL) so I will have to wait until 2014 bikes come out and even then it may then go up in price and/or may not be easily available in my size?

so my LBS is doing a really great offer on the Giant Anthem 29er 2 which I am tempted by but I'm concerned by the spec difference of the 2

Trance link
http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant ... 9er_1.html

Anthem Link
http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant ... 9er_2.html

So should I wait for the 2014 Trance or get the Anthem Now??

I don't want to miss the light evenings at the moment as that is my main time to ride

What do you think?

Thanks

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    If you want the trance why not get the '2' model in XL, rather than the '2' Anthem?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893

I've really been after the Giant Trance 29er 1, it's had lods of great reviews but is not available anywhere in my size (XL) so I will have to wait until 2014 bikes come out and even then it may then go up in price and/or may not be easily available in my size?
    have you contacted the sites that state "available to order" or "ordered on request" ?
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • If you want the trance why not get the '2' model in XL, rather than the '2' Anthem?

I guess because I really want the trance 1
    chez_m356 wrote:

have you contacted the sites that state "available to order" or "ordered on request" ?

I emailed them all but no one had any and no longer order able from giant
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222

I guess because I really want the trance 1

I get that, but why pick the anthem 2 over the trance 2 as your second choice?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500