Shimano shoe sizing

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

I'm a standard UK size 9 (28cm) shoe, does anyone have any idea what size shoe I'd be if I bought Shimano (AM45's)? I've seen a few pairs on line so I can't try them on, I'm a little concerned as I've heard Shimano tend to come up a size or 2 small.

If anyone else is a 9 and has Shimano shoes, would you mind letting me know what size

cheers!!

Comments

• Hypnoticjam
    Hypnoticjam Posts: 42
    I've been a size 10 since 14 and now in my 40's............

The only shoe of any kind I've had that's a different size is my 45's which are 11's but seem to come out as a slightly large 10 if that makes any sense.
  • ncn
    ncn Posts: 123
    They are pretty spot on really. I waver between 10/11 so went for a 46 which is 10.5 and it was spot on. Incidentally when ever I can get 10.5 that's what I go for.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I wear size 44 with Shimano, Sombrio, Salamon, Scott, Nike and Five Ten shoes if that helps any. I do have a pair of 45 Shimano's and they are definitely too big really, only have them because they were super cheap and I can wear several pairs of socks when it's really wet and cold.
  • Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    What NCN says. I'm a size 10 in every shoes, and the 46 is spot on (making shimanos half a size too small).
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)