Danny Macaskill's tyres?

MTB noob
MTB noob Posts: 272
edited May 2013 in MTB general
Just a quick question. What tyres does Danny Macaskill use for his stunt bike (the orange one)?
My god road cycling is scary! I'm going to keep my relaxing rides to the trails where everything is green, fast and less crazy.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Something from Continental.

http://www.dannymacaskill.co.uk/
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • MTB noob
    MTB noob Posts: 272
    I still can't find out what they are because i have never heard of a Continental tyre for stunt/jump bikes. (except for race king used by 4X bikes)
    My god road cycling is scary! I'm going to keep my relaxing rides to the trails where everything is green, fast and less crazy.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Rammsteins.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Pretty sure he uses custom tyres that aren't available to the public. Rammstein tyre's seem to be Continental's test/prototype tyre's. The new Kaiser was/is a Rammstein tyre.
  • benpinnick
    Rammsteins are their signiture series, not protos. They do gain a second name when launched though. Not sure if his is beyond the Danny mcaskill Ramnstein stage yet (ie has another name)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    You sure? The Kaiser doesn't strike me as being specific to a certain rider, just an improvement on the original design which a lot of their sponsored athletes helped with. Or do you mean something else when you say signature?
  • benpinnick
    Kaisers are technically rammstein series Atherton Signiture tyres, understandably they gave it another name too.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • PashleyRider
    PashleyRider Posts: 180
    He's on proto tyres according to the lads on Trials Forum
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Wee bit OT but even Conti seem a bit confused about the Rammstein thing, they call the new one Der Kieser Projekt in some places on their wesite and Der Keiser Rammstein Projekt in others. But the tyre says Der Kieser Prokekt on the side.

To answer the original question, he's used allsorts... Moto diggers, some sort of maxxises (holyrollers I guess). Now like a good boy he uses what his sponsors provide ;) (take a close look at his feet in Way Back Home, it's pretty funny- in all the closeups he's wearing Five Tens, and there's at least one really gratuitous one, but in a lot of the riding shots he's in Am40s)
    Uncompromising extremist