TFI Fridayyyy...!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Its our favourite day of the week, finally! Today I have a little work to do, then am off out for some drinks afterwards to celebrate my birthday/payday/bank holiday whatever people want to drink to!

Need to figure out how top get home though, not really walkable any more!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    if you can walk home.... you aint doing it right :wink:

my weekend is nearly here.... spent the last day and a half on 1 spreadsheet so i need to rest my weary brain.... wont take long.... which is good.... then maybe out for a fancy dinner.... who knows....

laters
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin', special bus passengers

Fryday.
    Bacons.
    Caffiene.

S'all, yo.

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    yeah Friday

Been a long time coming. Today is a few meetings, lots of excel and hopefully picking up my bike with a new set of wheels on it :) Then obviously its time for the pub
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

I've just seen a guy cycle to work with crutches strapped to his rucksack, lock his bike up and then use the crutches to walk into the office...weird :?

anyway. yes, TFIF and a 3 day weekend, i'm going to finish early today and my cold is getting better so I may actually get out for a ride this weekend.

laters
  • thekickingmule
    rgliniany wrote:
    if you can walk home.... you aint doing it right :wink:
    I disagree. I get drunk and turn into Ray Mears, and think I can survive anything I want. I will then go against everyone's 'better' judgement and start walking, even during a blizzard :lol: The fact I know this before I've started drinking is slightly worrying.
    I think walking 18 miles home (taking 6 hours according to googlemaps!) is a little too much for me :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    I think walking 18 miles home (taking 6 hours according to googlemaps!) is a little too much for me :lol:

I went out with some mates in another town unfamiliar to me, got pissed & lost them, then got lost myself wandered around aimlessly for 2 hours then found a sign to where we were staying, I thought that it would be a good idea to walk it - ended up being 15 miles, It wasn't a good idea at all...

Enjoy your birthday/payday/bank holiday!
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • welshkev
    pilch wrote:

I went out with some mates in another town unfamiliar to me, got pissed & lost them, then got lost myself wandered around aimlessly for 2 hours then found a sign to where we were staying, I thought that it would be a good idea to walk it - ended up being 15 miles, It wasn't a good idea at all...

Enjoy your birthday/payday/bank holiday!

furthest I ever walked home was about 6 miles. it was new years eve and we hadn't booked a taxi, my mates wanted to hang around outside the pub and wait for one, I wanted to walk. so off I went and still got home before them :lol:
  • thekickingmule
    :lol: The furthest I've walked is about 5 or 6 miles, took me a couple of hours. I walk most places (and I mean walk in both ways) as I prefer it to paying money. Basically, I'm a stingy old git :lol:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    9 miles one Christmas, following a massive snowfall and ******* taxi drivers preferring to dump me at the side of a road rather than make an effort to get me home safe. Walked 8.99 miles and then slipped and fell flat on my back within sight of the house.

Anyhoo, today will involve caffeine, protein shakes, some gym type stuff and hunting for dickheads on this forum. A little work may take place.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    hunting for dickheads on this forum

Hai!

Morning mongs and wrong'uns,

Only working til 5 so trying to be productive but failing. Off to Glee club tonight to watch some funny men. Can't get too smashed as have a cheeky 14 hour shift tomorrow and I tell ya, once you hit the big 3.0 the hangovers are crippling.

Laters
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work Work Work, then running away from here for the weekend, throwing stuffs in the car and disappearing to the parentals for 3 days. Tomorrow I'm doing a 10k trail race (it's my first one, and it better not rain!). Monday set aside for bikes in the Fod. My little bros new crankset and bottom bracket have turned up today so he will be hassling me about riding bikes all weekend. I will now no longer have to sit him on the saddle of my bike and push him round the garden (he's only 6, he has a bike that works, and a bike that him and my dad are building, and he likes riding my bike round the garden).

The hen party planning is going to take up a great deal of the weekend. Apparently I need to find pics of male body parts (not those ones thank you! and I don't need to be bombarded with those kind of pictures) so that my sister can pick out her fiancés from the assortment and she wins a drink if she gets it right and she wins a drink if she loses. Basically she is going to spend the entire time being sick.

Only 6 hours and I don't have to speak to clients for 3 days! Yeah!
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    The hen party planning is going to take up a great deal of the weekend. Apparently I need to find pics of male body parts (not those ones thank you! and I don't need to be bombarded with those kind of pictures) so that my sister can pick out her fiancés from the assortment !

a girl who works with the gf was doing that, except she was getting pics of her bf's friends members text to her in preparation of the game....at least that's what she said :lol:
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Yeah this is what I don't want! Although it might keep the office amused since the servers are down and I'm currently trying to look busy... :lol:
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Yay, my 16000 paged documents have been delegated, work has just gotten better!

Have to go sort some meetings out, then go have a meeting myself.

Think the weekend may be heading for a quiet road trip on the bike
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!