http://www.marinbikes.com/2011/bicycles/US-MTHT-SAN_QUENTIN-C1.jpg

It is totally standard.

I need it to be faster and lighter without making it single speed
as Im lazy and sometimes having it in a lower gear helps

I cant find any decent sites to get stuff from

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    You could buy any number of expensive lightweight components for that bike from a hell of a lot of sites.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
  • ryancook
    ryancook Posts: 10
    around £200

can you name a number of these sites please
  • ryancook
    ryancook Posts: 10
    Also I have a separate budget for accessories all green everything. Levers, pedals, chain, seat, handlebars etc any sites that sell lightweight coloured stuff
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Superstar components.
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/
    Will do many things in green, levers you can get in green (try ebay, also for seatpost clamp - KCNC are great) but with that list your £200 won't go far and some of it won't be upgrading it will just be for bling.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • PashleyRider
    PashleyRider Posts: 180
    Lighter tyres will have the biggest impact on a low budget as it reduces rolling weight. Swapping out the seat, post (go combined bmx post and seat if you don't raise it up) and pedals for lighter ones would also save a good amount of weight. Scour ebay for bargains, i've saved loads of weight and money getting barely used bargains. If you can raise your budget then getting decent forks would save a large chunk of weight and improve the ride.

Free weight saving includes trimming the seatpost if you don't need it full length, ditching the front brake as on that sort of bike you don't really need it and maybe losing the bash if you don't use it