T.H.E sport rear fender-any pics?

supermike
supermike Posts: 33
edited May 2013 in MTB general
Interested in this http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDet ... ear-Fender

Can't seem to find any pics of it fitted to a bike though... Any help? Anyone using one?

Comments

• supermike
    supermike Posts: 33
    Anyone?!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Doesn't honestly look that great if you're wanting an idea of how it'll look.

I wouldn't waste my money on rear fenders. Get a mucky nuts bender fender for the front to keep stuff out your face and clean your clothes when you get home...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    And oops

Description

Fits most MTB forks
    Thick dirable MX style plastic
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    Aside from the obvious spelling mistake what the heck is MX style plastic?
  • cooldad
    I thought it was weirder fitting a rear fender to the forks.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    I just assumed that meant it worked on the front as well as the rear.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Aside from the obvious spelling mistake what the heck is MX style plastic?

Plastic like they make motocross bodywork from (very bendy).
  • bennett_346
    Modern stuff maybe, the plastics on my '88 honda xr are thicker than a plank of wood lol
  • Kowalski675
    Modern stuff maybe, the plastics on my '88 honda xr are thicker than a plank of wood lol

Modern off road plastics are very flexible. Just to wear my pedant's hat for a moment, an XR's not a motocross bike either. :wink:
  • bennett_346
    True, i'll give you that one. But i'll also judge you for it.

If i was being even more pedantic i wouldn't really say it fits into any once category, at least by todays standards.
  • cooldad
    The were called enduro bikes when I was a bit younger. Which was stage racing like rallying.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    True, i'll give you that one. But i'll also judge you for it.

If i was being even more pedantic i wouldn't really say it fits into any once category, at least by todays standards.

XRs are trail bikes (see, we have niches in motorcycling too, lol).
  • Kowalski675
    cooldad wrote:
    The were called enduro bikes when I was a bit younger. Which was stage racing like rallying.

Enduro bikes and motocross bikes are very similar, but different. Enduro bikes have lights and and aren't quite so highly tuned (but still very potent tools). Motocross is run on purpose built tracks, enduro is cross country, with much longer laps (as you say, a bit like rallying compared to circuit racing). Extreme enduros feature some seriously crazy terrain and obstacles and the things the top guys David Knight or Graham Jarvis can do with an enduro bike have to be seen to be believed. The toughest enduro event is probably the Red Bull Erzberg Rodeo, which is completely bonkers.

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/motorsport ... n-pictures
  • cooldad
    Yep, I know that, and the XR Hondas were enduro bikes, XLs were trail bikes. I had Suzuki PEs. Then anyway - BRB (before Red Bull). No idea now.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    cooldad wrote:
    Yep, I know that, and the XR Hondas were enduro bikes, XLs were trail bikes. I had Suzuki PEs. Then anyway - BRB (before Red Bull). No idea now.

XRs have always been trail bikes (XR400 is still a popular budget old school trail mount), CRF is Honda's enduro model designation. Some of your PEs are quite sought after things now, gaining classic status (and hence rising prices).
  • cooldad
    XRs were enduro bikes in the 70's early 80's. Honda agree with me.

10573.jpg

I preferred 2 strokes.

1979_PE250N_sales1_1000.jpg

Bicycles have more travel now than we had. Good times.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    cooldad wrote:
    Bicycles have more travel now than we had.

A lot lighter too, lol.

I'm a fan of strokers too, cut my teeth on performance 2 strokes (sadly now a dead breed) - really must finish building my TDR 250 one of these days...
  • cooldad
    A year or so after that they came out with an aluminium swingarm. Cutting edge tech.
    Still twin shock for a while though.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    My RG250 was the first production bike to have an ally frame. Didn't stop the engine exploding twice though, lol.
  • bennett_346
    Yes the XR i have is technically an enduro bike, by 1980s standards... Today it's more of what you would call a woods bike.

2132394366_b0085dff8e.jpg
  • Kowalski675
    Today it's more of what you would call a woods bike.

I've been playing silly buggers on bikes for twenty years and I've never heard anything described as a woods bike. Must be local dialect, lol.

I once borrowed an XR 250 like that when it's owner went for a pee and parked it on top of a grassy hill for him.
  • bennett_346
    Just a term for a general piss around bike.
  • Kowalski675
    That's a field bike in Yorkshire speak (which is usually a stolen 'crosser or enduro bike, ridden by some horrible scrote...)
  • bennett_346
    Yes i fear my old KTM 250EXC may be a field bike by that description then as some ars* bandit decided to nick it 2 years ago along with my mtb.
  • Kowalski675
    This is the main problem with off road bikes - thieving scrote scum, who should be beaten to death with hammers.
  • bennett_346
    Well it was about 100kg dry and had no key/steering lock/immobiliser so it didn't take much doing unfortunately :(

Probably got ridden round the neighborhood once then set on fire.
  • Kowalski675
    Aye, they will have ragged it until they blew it up then dumped it, the worthless vermin.