Has the CrudCatcher lost the plot

bennett_346
bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
edited May 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Can't remember the last time i read a topic in this sub forum which was funny or entertaining.

At least nothing like 2011 and backwards from then. Infact i barely find myself wanting to read here anymore. May as well read the Hub instead...

What happened beside a bunch of tools joining?

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I'll try not to take that personally... :lol:
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    You've just got used too the same old jokes and people is all. If you remember back to the days of surfmat and other crazy folk, it wasn't really a funny place to be, just a place to insult idiots and then join in with the assault.

I think the mods should pass us some of the stupid threads from around the forum like they used to do
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    yeah we need some funny idiots back in here. I used to love the torques on a bmw 335 estate (or whatever it was) :lol:
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Can't remember the last time i read a topic in this sub forum which was funny or entertaining.

At least nothing like 2011 and backwards from then. Infact i barely find myself wanting to read here anymore. May as well read the Hub instead...

We grew up is all.

At least we pretended to... All these people we'd take the piss out of or would probably leave in a ditch, head backward n all have dissapeared.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    What we need is member of the month thread.........
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    matthew h wrote:

i'm not taking pics of my member and showing you guys!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    And unfortunatly work gets in the way of dossing!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    welshkev wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

PM?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Some naughty pictures of GT's mum and karma will soon be restored.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    i just googled GT's mum, and here's her picture!

IMG_1703.JPG
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    It was going that way for a while. The same old unfunny jokes and people were prominent...
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    welshkev wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

There's pics of mine on the internet already, lol. :lol:
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Andy wrote:
    It w going that way for a while. The same old unfunny jokes and people were prominent...
    Oh hai

To be fair the crudcatcher wawhilsts never going to be the same when they bought the hub in. It kind of thrived on turning off topic threads into mayhem also having same posts too that actually answered the question. The problem is now the hub is a calm cc whilst the cc has to basically create topics to take the wee wee out of. I think in that way is a shame because you had a great balance of characters which while you still have that in here there's not much left for us to be silly about.

For what it's worth it seems to have become a bit more like of crudcatcher of old, letchy, runaway posts, picking on the kids etc but just workout the general world relevance
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I think the mods should pass us some of the stupid threads from around the forum like they used to do

This
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Gazlar wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    It w going that way for a while. The same old unfunny jokes and people were prominent...
    Oh hai

To be fair the crudcatcher wawhilsts never going to be the same when they bought the hub in. It kind of thrived on turning off topic threads into mayhem also having same posts too that actually answered the question. The problem is now the hub is a calm cc whilst the cc has to basically create topics to take the wee wee out of. I think in that way is a shame because you had a great balance of characters which while you still have that in here there's not much left for us to be silly about.
    I was thinking this just the other night actually. By allowing the Hub to happen, the CC turned into just a free for all with no context. Ye Olde Crudcatcher had Hub type threads all the time, only if someone slipped up, asking a stupid question, or a stupid response (ie "You should be the 350d, it's the best car since man trained a horse") then the thread descended into anarchy.
    I've noticed already that the Hub has moments that reminded me of Ye Olde Crudcatcher, when someone asked about seeing a naked cyclist!

Basically, can we combine the Hub and the Crudcatcher again please? That will bring the balance back to the force!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    It's worth it just for the 12 Days of Crudmas though.

Imagine the 12 Days of Hubness - it would be full of iPads, wristwatches and insurance
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I'll try not to take that personally... :lol:
    you probably should. the place got inundated with people looking for a reason to get offended, to the point where making a joke about the paralympics resulted in a warning.
    Bartimaeus wrote:
    It's worth it just for the 12 Days of Crudmas though.
    No, it's really not.
    Gazlar wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Oh hai

I was thinking this just the other night actually. By allowing the Hub to happen, the CC turned into just a free for all with no context. Ye Olde Crudcatcher had Hub type threads all the time, only if someone slipped up, asking a stupid question, or a stupid response (ie "You should be the 350d, it's the best car since man trained a horse") then the thread descended into anarchy.
    I've noticed already that the Hub has moments that reminded me of Ye Olde Crudcatcher, when someone asked about seeing a naked cyclist!

Basically, can we combine the Hub and the Crudcatcher again please? That will bring the balance back to the force!
    Very much this. I made a fuss about it at the time, about how fukkin useless an idea the hub was, since we already had the CC. A lot of people thought I was making a mountain out of a molehill. Well, maybe I was, but it's had the precise outcome that I dreaded.

Then there's the FB crudcatcher group - a place where the inanity should be turned up to 11. But there's so many hangers-on in there who never "got" the humour, and just want to be part of the crowd, that it doesn't work.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bloody hell. Yeehaa making some semblance of sense in CC.
    Satan's skating tonight.
    CC should just be closed down, there's no way back from here.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    cooldad wrote:
    Bloody hell. Yeehaa making some semblance of sense in CC.
    Always did. And you know it.
    People don't like being told they are incorrect, so they hide behind crappy insults, and pretend the person who's correcting them is some kind of a monster.
    You know how it went, goes, and will go.

And then, just because I live under a bridge, and refuse to let goatses pass, they brand me a troll. The indignity, honestly.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I've submitted my grievances concerning this issue using the appropiate outlet, the Daily Mail.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    That's the opposite of funny. Just so you know.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I thought at first that said "That's the opposite of fanny" and I couldnt work out why you weren't a massive fan, but then I realised that you were just moaning again
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    there is a plot? I never spotted a plot....