PTP - Announcement

rozzer32
rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
edited May 2013 in Pro race
As you all know I took over PTP at the start of the year from Afx to keep it going. At the start of the year I was still at Uni and had a fair bit of free time to do PTP. But now I have finished Uni and have got my dream job working in F1 on a fantastic grad scheme. I start on the 24th June and unfortunately I won't have the time to be able to run PTP any more. I have already struggled a few times keeping up with it and realistically I won't be able to keep on top of it when I start.

So I will continue to run the Giro and also the Dauphine but after that I will sign off. I really hope someone is able to pick it up and continue running PTP as it will be a great shame for it to go. I have all the excel files and templates to get you going and I know changing mid season is a right pain in the ass but I don't really have a choice.

Thank you for understanding and I really hope someone will step up like I did and take it off.

Rozzer.
***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****

Comments

• slimreaper
    slimreaper Posts: 738
    Rozzer.
    Thanks for taking on the responsibility at the beginning of the year and spending the time on it that you have.
    More importantly, well done for getting your dream job in F1. I'm very jealous!
    Enjoy.
    Andy
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Thanks for your efforts this year and well done on the new job. I can imagine it is a lot of work to run the PTP and, sadly, I cannot offer to take it on. Fingers crossed that someone will be able to.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    +1Rozzer.Hope you make a great start with the job.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Thanks for what you've done Rozzer. I know it's hard work 'cos I do CW predictions! Good luck with your job.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Many thanks Rozzer for stepping in so ably to afx's shoes, and huge congratulations on getting a job in F1. I'm afraid I can't volunteer my services either - busy life means I'd cock it up, and dodgy morals mean I'd be very tempted to cheat as well. Good luck to whoever takes on the challenge... perhaps someone at Bike Radar Towers can run it?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    Would it be possible to do split the duties? I don't mind doing a race or two, but couldn't do the whole season.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Rozzer, if you can do the next couple of races, I'll take over from the TDF on.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rozzer32
    Cheers guys.

TailWindHome - I go away on the 8th June for a weeks holiday to Spain with the bike (just to make you all more jealous) so realistically the last race I can do is the Dauphine. Maybe Afx could do the Tour de Swisse just for that 1 race and then you could take over? Might be worth sending him a PM.
  • tailwindhome
    rozzer32 wrote:
    I go away on the 8th June for a weeks holiday to Spain with the bike.

Lets make it easier.

You do the Dolphins

We'll drop out the Swiss

I'll start from the TDF on.

I'd start sooner but I've just started a new job and need a couple of weeks to get stuff sorted...

If anyone disagrees they can volunteer :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • TheBigBean
    Up to you guys, but one option would be to only work out the scores for Tour de Swisse at a later date. It only needs a thread started before then.
  • tailwindhome
    Hmmm. I wouldn't fancy trawling through a 30 odd page thread to back fill.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Not got involved in PTP, but well done on the job in F1 Rozzer. Hope for your sake it means you don't need to move to MK!
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    I am on gardening leave and not cycling at the mo due to a crash so have some time on my hands. Hoping that both of these will be rectified soon but will be able to step in for the Tour de Suisse if it's easy enough to pick up and run for 8 days, as still have time with family and interviews to attend.

Congrats on the job Rozzer.
  • TheBigBean
    Looking at Google spreadsheets it seems pretty easy to set up, so I can add up the scores for Tour de Swisse for you. You'd just need to copy them into the master season long one at some point.
  • rozzer32
    I have an excel template that you can use for each race. It already has everyone's name in it so you just need to add the picks.

So we agreed that mr_poll will pick up for the Tour de Swisse and then TailWindHome will run it after that? That OK with you guys? Thanks for stepping up by the way.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Thanks for everything, Rozzer, and good luck in the future.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Thanks rozzer, and congratulations on the F1 job
  • archieboy
    archieboy Posts: 1,394
    Cheers Rozzer, thanks for all the good work and thanks to those taking over.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    PTP rides on! Thanks Rozzer, and thanks to the guys taking it forward.
    Sounds a bit sad, but PTP in the mornings brightens up my humdrum existence.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Congratulations Rozzer, thank you! And good luck with the new job, sounds amazing. Can you expect contributions to the Cycling/F1 thread?

Thanks also TWH and TBB carrying PTP on... much appreciated!
  • tailwindhome
    rozzer32 wrote:
    I have an excel template that you can use for each race. It already has everyone's name in it so you just need to add the picks.

So we agreed that mr_poll will pick up for the Tour de Swisse and then TailWindHome will run it after that? That OK with you guys? Thanks for stepping up by the way.

That'll do. I'll start from the Tour.

Enjoy your hol and new job.

Mr-Poll, I propose we split Rozzers points to date 70:30 in my favour :wink:
  • Congratulations on the job - it sounds an amazing opportunity - and thanks for your efforts.

Thank you to those who have volunteered to take it on as well.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    rozzer32 wrote:

That'll do. I'll start from the Tour.

Enjoy your hol and new job.

Mr-Poll, I propose we split Rozzers points to date 70:30 in my favour :wink:

Rozzer I will PM you - Tail wind with my pathetic score even all of Rozzer's points wont help me.