My new commuter

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited May 2013 in Commuting chat
Possibly slightly impractical but will put me to the top of any Strava segment: http://road.cc/content/news/84301-video ... ocket-bike
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Pedant says your Strava would be negated by having an engine.

Still, massive cojones! :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Wrath Rob
    daviesee wrote:
    Pedant says your Strava would be negated by having an engine.

Still, massive cojones! :wink:
    Its not an engine. Its a rocket!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Never mind that, did anyone read the last para? :shock:
    Perhaps the most astonishing thing about all this is that the human-powered bicycle land speed record is even higher than Gissy's top speed under rocket power. The current record is held by Dutch rider Fred Rompelberg and it stands at 268.831 km/h (166.9 mph). Rommelberg was motor-paced behind a modified dragster on the Bonneville salt flats.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Never mind that, did anyone read the last para? :shock:
    Perhaps the most astonishing thing about all this is that the human-powered bicycle land speed record is even higher than Gissy's top speed under rocket power. The current record is held by Dutch rider Fred Rompelberg and it stands at 268.831 km/h (166.9 mph). Rommelberg was motor-paced behind a modified dragster on the Bonneville salt flats.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • Wrath Rob
    I wondered which pedant would pick up on that. Now I know :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Comes from being an engineer working near Birmingham, criteria for that is being able to say (using thick brummy accent)

"Argh look there is an engine-ere!"
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.