Why no Tour Series?

2»

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Anyone know how Peter Kennaugh was allowed to race under the Isle of Man team at Lincoln? He has his pinerello and kask helmet etc in sky colours but was racing in a horrid isle of man rock racing kit. Looked super strong vs the rest of the field though and be interesting if he manages to make it on the tour team or not.I really hope Sky continue to back him.

The Island team are run on a real shoe string budget of probably no more than £20K. Sponsors are few and far between and the IOM Cycling Association are drawing on all of its reserves to see the team through the Island Games and the Commonwealth Games next year . If someone cuts us some slack and gets us cheap kit we are eternally grateful, thanks to Rock racing and the individual that made it possible,
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I quite like the revival of the rock racing kit, does that mean IOM are the new bad boys of the peloton? Don't get a full face tattoo, not a good look!
  • sportvan
    sportvan Posts: 105
    Its unfortunate that this is not getting the publicity it received in previous years and is now only showing at 10pm and often many days later. Not sure why halfords and boardman dropped out unless they didn't think they were getting any benefit from it anymore, even ned boulting has dropped out so not sure how many year this series will continue for. Ed Clancy did a Peter Sagan style wheely on the last stage.
  • frosty99
    frosty99 Posts: 115
    sportvan wrote:
    Its unfortunate that this is not getting the publicity it received in previous years and is now only showing at 10pm and often many days later. Not sure why halfords and boardman dropped out unless they didn't think they were getting any benefit from it anymore, even ned boulting has dropped out so not sure how many year this series will continue for. Ed Clancy did a Peter Sagan style wheely on the last stage.

Seems to be mostly on at ten pm the next evening. A consistent slot seems better than jumping around. Ned is back for Torquay apparently!

i think the team interviews afterwards could be expanded upon, one question per team maximum at the moment but the riders seem quite happy to give interesting analysis of the races
  • Maybe because its crap to watch?

Always bores the tits off me when ive seen it on tv. Oh...here comes lap 3 million with Greggs the bakers in the background...oh here it comes again...

Its a proper yawn fest. Once you've watched Paris-Roubaix, watching the tour series is about as exciting as watching food cook in an oven.

If i wanted to watch a group of riders going round in circles i would just go to the local Tescos car park.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    The Tour Series is fine to watch live. Good atmosphere in the build up, the crit nature means the fans get to see the riders frequently and often, and for those who like the spills, plenty of those on offer usually.

Enjoy the Colchester one, Paul
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I quite like the revival of the rock racing kit, does that mean IOM are the new bad boys of the peloton? Don't get a full face tattoo, not a good look!

I particularly enjoyed the moral outrage over Lil' Pete resplendent in the Rock Racing kit. It suited him too :)
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Thanks, looking forward to it :-) I watched the indoor London nocturne earlier in the year, that was quite fun. Should be a nice day in Castle park beforehand if it's dry.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Maybe because its crap to watch?

Always bores the tits off me when ive seen it on tv. Oh...here comes lap 3 million with Greggs the bakers in the background...oh here it comes again...

Its a proper yawn fest. Once you've watched Paris-Roubaix, watching the tour series is about as exciting as watching food cook in an oven.

If i wanted to watch a group of riders going round in circles i would just go to the local Tescos car park.

Would it be made more enjoyable if we had world tour teams participating, going around in circles?
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    The Island team are run on a real shoe string budget of probably no more than £20K. Sponsors are few and far between and the IOM Cycling Association are drawing on all of its reserves to see the team through the Island Games and the Commonwealth Games next year . If someone cuts us some slack and gets us cheap kit we are eternally grateful, thanks to Rock racing and the individual that made it possible,

Sorry you took exception to me saying the kit was horrid, but it is in my opinion. I am sure others like it though. Shame that sponsorship couldn't be under the clothing brand he owns or something or just use the logo.

Then again. Could be worse ;)

487541_503910879656814_1722912975_n.jpg