• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Wheres the cheapest place to get them?

I've found 30 for £22 (including p+p)

16g threaded

I know someone who had 6-9 in their bike box
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    thats all well and good but i could do with my own supply...
  • islandman
    islandman Posts: 73
    Got mine from the dastardly Amazon, think they worked out about 50 pence each, tap it in you'll find them.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,324
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Wheres the cheapest place to get them?

I've found 30 for £22 (including p+p)

16g threaded

That's what I bought a while ago. One of those annoying places that you have to almost finish checking out to find out their P+P.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Usually find http://tyreinflators.co.uk/ are the cheapest.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Thanks everyone, it would appear that there is one company with about 10 websites that all look identical. So will use tyre inflators as you've used them before.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    +1 for Tyre Inflators.
  • itboffin
    i bought a box of 50 from them back in the bad old days
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    i bought a box of 50 from them back in the bad old days

They also have very cheap patch kits, my advice is BUY several and save a fortune on tubes
  • itboffin
    I would offer this advice dont buy the 16g bottles get the 12g ...why?

well 16g is 130 psi and unless you're a dab hand and judging the amount of air 0.0005s of pssst puts into your tyre its far better imo to put just 90psi (12g) knowing the tyre isnt going to explode off the rim at some random and dangerous moment.

yes i've done this multiple times :evil:

plus if you're a large rider you can always use your pump to get 10-15-25-30+ psi before you whack a co2 cart in.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    itboffin wrote:
    I would offer this advice dont buy the 16g bottles get the 12g ...why?

well 16g is 130 psi and unless you're a dab hand and judging the amount of air 0.0005s of pssst puts into your tyre its far better imo to put just 90psi (12g) knowing the tyre isnt going to explode off the rim at some random and dangerous moment.

yes i've done this multiple times :evil:

plus if you're a large rider you can always use your pump to get 10-15-25-30+ psi before you whack a co2 cart in.

130psi assumes 23c tyres, I guess. I run 25c and 16g is barely enough. Same for MTB tyres.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH