Seat Angle Triban 3

Neil_aky
Neil_aky Posts: 211
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Am I missing something or is it not possible to adjust the seat angle on a Triban 3 seat post...?

Bought a Charge Spoon saddle and the nose is pressing really hard on my perineum...

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    From a pic I've seen of your seatpost, http://www.cyclechat.net/useralbums/seatpost-weight-jpg.1212/view-image ...this one?

It should be possible to adjust the angle by releasing the allen bolt to the underneath & to the rear of the seatpost, adjust & re-tighten.
    Cycling weakly
  • Neil_aky
    I've actually had it fully undone to change the seat but it doesn't seem to be adjustable...

Are there seat posts which are not adjustable?
  • gubber12345
    gubber12345 Posts: 493
    they are adjustable mate,i got a triban a fortnight ago and had no probs adjusting using the allen key as said above.have another go you'll crack it.
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • dai_t75
    dai_t75 Posts: 189
    The stock one that came with my T3 was adjustable. The problem was there were only set amounts of adjustment. There are only so many 'teeth' that the rails can sit on which effect the angle. I could never get my saddle level so I bought a cheap race face one which you can adjust to the fraction of a mm.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,604
    Are you saying you bought a new saddle or seatpost?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Neil_aky
    Saddle, I'll have another go tonight but it must be a bit seized - I am not a total beginner but didn't want to be too brutal as it wasn't budging so I thought maybe they did a seatpost which wasn't adjustable.