Got around £1000 to spend, thinking the Boardman Team FS?

_Optimist_
_Optimist_ Posts: 4
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/fs_team.html

I really don't know much about bikes but iv been doing a lot of research and have come across this Boardman. It has a lot of great reviews and has featured in some magazines. Apparently a great spec for the price. But i do start to think how can a full suspension bike be this cheap but still good.

Would anyone else want to steer me in a different direction of choice or is this one good already?

I will be using it to go up the downs/country and on roads. I do not want a dual bike though.

The nearest Halfords that have this on display is an hour away from me so really trying to see if its worth the mission to try it out.

Any advice would really be appreciated,

Thank you,

Tim

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Old mate of mine has one and he's happy with it.
  • rapid_donkey
    rapid_donkey Posts: 448
    By all accounts it seems to be a very good bike, excellent value for money with regards to the spec. Avid brakes, Mavic wheels, Rockshox air fork and shock, cant really go wrong.
    I believe Halfords have an online sale now, spend over £600 and save £60. You can also get some money back through quidco.
    If you do purchase, I would get your LBS to build it, or when Halfords are done with it go over every nut and bolt yourself (speaking from experience).
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Don't know if it was a bank holiday only offer, but the Team FS was £899 in store when I was in there a couple of weeks back (£150 off).
  • slindborg
    slindborg Posts: 98
    And join British cycling for 10% off ontop of that, and some car clubs have a 10% of gift vouchers so you can compound up the discounts and pay not much for it :)
  • _Optimist_
    Ok thats great, thanks for the discounts. I heard about the spend over £600 Halfords deal but only problem is it ended today. I have emailed them asking if it will be back on but i doubt it.

Is there really nothing else that will match it for that price? Is there not a better hardtail i could get for £1000?

Starting to think this bike is unbeatable!
  • Great, great bikes.
    I would recommend them.

Try this as well :D
    viewtopic.php?f=40089&t=12922393
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    The Decathlon Rockrider. 9.2 is meant to be a very good option. Supersonic recommended it very highly on a different thread. Certainly looks a great spec for the money.
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-92 ... 08373.html
  • ElliesDad
    ElliesDad Posts: 245
    Another vote for the Boardman, Ive got the FS Team and had their Comp hardtail before that, great bikes for the money.
    2012 Boardman FS Team
    2014 Giant Defy 2
  • _Optimist_
    Well it looks like thats my decision sorted!! Thanks everyone :)
  • desmorrow
    desmorrow Posts: 115
    ya, managed to pick one up 2nd hand a while back. Absolutely love it.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695