Getting back into it

Roosterrun
Roosterrun Posts: 4
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Hi all,
first post here but have been reading for a while. I've ridden a bit in the past but have hardly been on the bike since last summer. I signed up for the Evans Hatfield RideIt back in November which was supposed to be the kick-start to get back on the bike. Well that didn't go quite according to plan...
Last Sunday rolled around and I had done a grand total of zero training. Still, it looked like a nice day so I thought I'd do it anyway. I managed to get round as it was a fairly flat course (I did the medium course - 56? miles) but I was seriously suffering by the end. Thanks to the various groups of people I hung on the back of over the course.
I also treated myself to a new Moda Echo which probably made the whole thing slightly easier as well.
Anyway to cut a long story short I've started to do some of the commute a couple of times a week so hopefully that will improve on my speeds and time, I also signed up to Strava which has been interesting.
Looking forward to spending a lot more time on the bike and hopefully some better weather!

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I did a 60 mile ride on Sunday too, despite having been riding 3 times a week since last July and that was a real struggle. So to do 56 miles without any training is amazing, give yourself a slap on the back!
  • Roosterrun
    Roosterrun Posts: 4
    Cheers, it was a pretty good feeling to finish it. Certainly wouldn't have got there if there weren't lots of other people to give you that encouragement. I'll be pacing the miles a bit better now though.