3 day tour in England - Suggestions?

sajets
sajets Posts: 18
edited June 2013 in Tour & expedition
Hey
I want to go cycling over the bank holiday weekend and am looking for suggestions on scenic and traffic free routes in England. Ideally the route will be around 300km long and mostly tarmac so I will be able to do 100km a day. I am based in London but happy to take the train out and back. At the moment I am looking at the Garden of England route (http://www.bigbikemap.com/routeinfo/Gar ... cle-Route-).

Any suggestions? Has anyone cycled the Garden of England route or part of it?

Thanks

Comments

• random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I'm planning to ride in that area at some stage this year, starting and finishing near Windsor. My route doesn't follow the coast though and includes Ashdown Forest.
    I wouldn't follow the Sustrans route though, simply because you get such varying surfaces, I'd always stick to my own on-road route.
    Have a good ride, hope the weather's good and let us know how it goes.
  • gazhilla
    gazhilla Posts: 48
    Head North, the way of the Roses is a great route over three days, we did it in one and was tough.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    I live near Hastings and have ridden much in Sussex and Kent, and lengths of the Garden of England route. There is a lot of beautiful countryside around here. What would you like to know?
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Coast to Coast ?- there are a few variations so you end up near a reasonable sized train station.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem