Family Bike Ride Cant Wait Till Next year

I don't normally rave about things on internet forums, but i would just like to praise the
organizers of an event i attended yesterday with the family

If any of you live in the north Yorkshire area (or anywhere close as its just off the A1M) I would thoroughly recommend you put a date in your diary next year for the Boroughbridge family cycle day.

The Wife and I turned up with 3 kids of 4, 6 and 8 (4 year old on the tag-along) registered, and got numbers to fit to the bikes + a handful of sweets for the ride (just like a proper sportive!) there then followed a 6 mile out & back ride on really quiet roads, with marshalls posted every 1/4 of a mile or so & at any blind bends with even a SAG wagon on hand if required.

Halfway refreshments and picnic on the local cricket club

All three had a fantastic time & the middle one got a real sense of achievement, (he has a bit of a 'can't do' attitude)
Seeing all the other cyclists really pushed him to keep going even up the one or two little 'hills' along the way.
as well as remembering to keep to the left hand side of the road (most of the time)

My 8 year old wore her new Maglia Rosa jersey and she had plenty of props from passing roadies resulting in her putting in some monster turns whenever they overtook her :lol:

The ride back was completed with lots of positive encouragement and as a bonus they all got a goody bag & certificate at the finish

All for the princely sum of £5 for the family