Specialized Hardrock 2012 queries

Shez91
Shez91 Posts: 6
edited May 2013 in MTB general
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/2012- ... 1019102007

I cant find much info at all on the net about this bike so I thought id come here, it says the bike is a hybrid which im pretty sure it isnt, just skinny tyres as stated in the description.

So im just wondering if anybody recognises this particular model and could answer a few questions for me:-

Is it actually the 2012 model and what was it worth new?
Is it a hybrid or just a standard hardtail with skinnier tyres put on?
And any reviews or links to reviews, decent price?

Thanks.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    No it is a MTB.

Cracking deal.

Looks nicked.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The hardrock is an MTB, price is very cheap and the deliberate mis spelling of hardrock may be to stop someone searching for their bike back finding it, as Chunkers says, good chance it's nicked, if you can verify it isn't that is a 'steal', in reality it's worth about £275 (though I wouldn't pay that for one).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Shez91 wrote:
    So im just wondering if anybody recognises this particular model and could answer a few questions for me:-

Thanks.
    is a 2012 hardrock sport disc, original rrp was £500 http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/6223 ... -2012-sale
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Shez91 wrote:
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/2012-specialized-hard-rock-hybrid-100-no-offers-first-to-see-will-buy/1019102007

I cant find much info at all on the net about this bike so I thought id come here, it says the bike is a hybrid which im pretty sure it isnt, just skinny tyres as stated in the description.

Thanks.
    MMM seen this viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12841233
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    That's very odd. The photo on Gumtree is of my Hardrock, except I've already sold mine on to a good mate who has it now.

Guess the seller just googled 2012 Hardrock sport disc and my thread came up. I might delete those photos in the morning.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Gumtree is a scary place.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    removed the images but photobucket still has them hosted... might upload new images with the same filename and see if that will remove them finally