Whyte T-129s Rims

theblarney
theblarney Posts: 102
edited May 2013 in MTB general
Hi,

Im looking at a new bike and so far really like the Trance x 29 1 and I have the Whyte T-129s on demo this weekend. One question on the Whyte that I cannot get a definitive answer on is if the rims on the Whyte (WTB STi19 29") are proper Tubeless Ready as in dont need rim strip but just a valve and tape or if they are like the Trance where you need to buy the conversion kit?

Thanks

Gavin

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    http://www.wtb.com/products/speeddisc

they claim to have an inner bead, which would mean no need for tape....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    What size frame are you looking for? If you want a medium both of those bikes are sold out for this year, unless you can find one in stock at a shop.
  • theblarney
    theblarney Posts: 102
    It was medium, I was going to do some ringing around.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Chevin Cycles in Otley had one medium T129S left in stock a couple of weeks ago (and a demo bike).
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    The T129s rims are tubeless ready. They have stans yellow tape in them and the bike should come with tubeless valves. If it doesnt ask your LBS for them.

I have just gone tubeless on mine and it was the easies i have done. Stuck with the stock maxxis on the front and a standard Mountain king on the rear.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.