Comments

• cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    A Schleck

or

Carlton Kirby
  • RoadPainter
    RoadPainter Posts: 375
    Vino and Ekimov from post-riding careers (get them a red before they've really started)

Vino rocks. dont you forget it
    Great rider to watch, but horrific attitude to drugs, particularly for someone now involved in management side. I can only imagine the pressure being put on young riders in Astana to risk their long-term health & livelihood.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,037
    Vino and Ekimov from post-riding careers (get them a red before they've really started)

Vino rocks. dont you forget it
    Great rider to watch, but horrific attitude to drugs, particularly for someone now involved in management side. I can only imagine the pressure being put on young riders in Astana to risk their long-term health & livelihood.

Imagining it doesn't make it true tho' :roll:
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I certainly wouldn't be upset if Sagan retired, although in reality it will be a long time before he goes. I don't have any reason to think he is dirty - I just don't like his antics.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    A Schleck

or

Carlton Kirby

At least Schleck has now finished a stage race and even put in some attacks - looking forward to his reemergence in the Tour.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Could you imagine what would happen if he came back won the bloody thing? Man, think I'd be busy for a few years on that one! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    ddraver wrote:
    Could you imagine what would happen if he came back won the bloody thing? Man, think I'd be busy for a few years on that one! ;)

I like Andy Schleck alot more these days - ive warmed to him, perhaps because he's become such a massive underdog and I miss the Andy/Alberto rivalry.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Awwww, big hug LL!

Have nt had enough of those on here recently...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Michelle Cound. Shut the f*ck up and let Froome get on with the racing.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Contador & Valverde - dirty cheating druggies who think they've done no wrong.

+1. Lets see how Contador performs without his special beef this Tour.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Pretty well I should think, he wasn't too shabby in the Vuelta despite the lack of race mile beforehand and seemed OK in Oman.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962

I don't really get this, if you don't like her (or what she says), don't read her twitter account.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129

I don't really get this, if you don't like her (or what she says), don't read her twitter account.

thats what i thought???
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    I like Andy Schleck alot more these days - ive warmed to him, perhaps because he's become such a massive underdog and I miss the Andy/Alberto rivalry.

*falls off chair

Not what I ever thought you would say lol
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    ThomThom wrote:
    Is Chris Horner still riding? If so I'd nail it to his forehead.

+1

Armstrong fan, omerta fan and an annoying american accent.

I thought you guys over there had the accent's?
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    On todays showing, Cadel Evans
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,037
    goonz wrote:

Harsh!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    dennisn wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

+1

So far my accent has been referred to as "beautiful" twice and "amazing" thrice by your fellow Americans (well, NYCers but still).

Surprised you've all missed the seriously weird left heel out pedal action.
  • Pross
    goonz wrote:

He's second overall in the second biggest stage race of the season. You'd be pensioning off a lot of riders if hat is your benchmark.
  • Pross
    dennisn wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

+1

So far my accent has been referred to as "beautiful" twice and "amazing" thrice by your fellow Americans (well, NYCers but still).

Yeah but have you got a hurdy gurdy Dutch accent or a bumpkin East Anglian accent? :wink:

I got asked by a rather attractive store holder in the market at the southern end of Central Park to just stay and talk to her as she loved my accent. That said I think she was really only interested in my looks and body or wanted to sell me something
  • greasedscotsman
    Who would you give it to? I'd go for Danillo Di Luca...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/danilo- ... ve-for-epo

:D
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Pross wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

+1

Yeah but have you got a hurdy gurdy Dutch accent or a bumpkin East Anglian accent? :wink:

I got asked by a rather attractive store holder in the market at the southern end of Central Park to just stay and talk to her as she loved my accent. That said I think she was really only interested in my looks and body or wanted to sell me something

I can personally vouch that american chicks dig the british accent. I used to date an american during uni and she said the british accent drove her crazy. Naturally I turned on my best Sean Connery Bond accent and charmed her right out her knickers.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    goonz wrote:
    I can personally vouch that american chicks dig the british accent. I used to date an american during uni and she said the british accent drove her crazy. Naturally I turned on my best Sean Connery Bond accent and charmed her right out her knickers.

HEAVYWEIGHTTM
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

+1

I never said it wasn't "beautiful" or "amazing", just that you were the ones who have it. :wink:
    I must admit though that I do have trouble following some English movie actors and some people with really down south(New Orleans) accents.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Pross wrote:

I got asked by a rather attractive store holder in the market at the southern end of Central Park to just stay and talk to her as she loved my accent.
    On Columbus Circle, no doubt.
    No such luck with the Ladies but while strolling around Tail Gate Parties and I open my gob then quite often I get invited to stop for a free beer.
    It rankles a bit if they suggest the accent is Oz or Irish but the correction comes when I ask what language they communicate with. Got it I'm ENGLISH. (City of London, Cockney)

I award my Red Card to dennisn
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • greasedscotsman
    deejay wrote:

He's already retired though, isn't he?
  • reallyarunner
    reallyarunner Posts: 125
    deejay wrote:

He's already retired though, isn't he?

Not from being boring (sorry Dennis).
    When a true genius appears in this world, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. - Jonathan Swift
  • dennisn
    Why wouldn't you wish these "older" guys good luck in their cycling careers. They are there because they can "still do it" so to speak. If it were me and I still loved racing, at the advanced age of 35 or 40 :roll: , and some team wanted to hire me, why would I not do it? I'm thinking that most of these guys you seem to want out are simply saying to the younger / newer riders "Hey, you want my spot? Come and take it. I'm right here."
  • greasedscotsman
    dennisn wrote:
    Why wouldn't you wish these "older" guys good luck in their cycling careers. They are there because they can "still do it" so to speak. If it were me and I still loved racing, at the advanced age of 35 or 40 :roll: , and some team wanted to hire me, why would I not do it? I'm thinking that most of these guys you seem to want out are simply saying to the younger / newer riders "Hey, you want my spot? Come and take it. I'm right here."

Err, I picked out Di Luca, you think I should wish him good luck? But anyway...
    It's just a bit of fun. Nobody will take it seriously...