bianchi sempre pro ultegra or scott foil 20

pearceygy
pearceygy Posts: 56
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
Going to have a look at these two bikes and do a test ride this weekend being a bit of a novice with a £3000 budget I'm choosing on the looks and some good reviews alone, so does anyone have any thoughts, experience with these to give me something more to think about before buying?

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I ride Foils and will continue to do so until further notice. Any questions just ask.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    For a Bianchi I would also look at the Infinito.

My gf has a 2013 in Celeste with Athena and a mate has a 2013 silver/bare carbon one with Ultegra. Both are stunning bikes and the quality of finish, plus attention to design detail, is the best I have seen.

Grill's yer man for Foils.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • pearceygy
    pearceygy Posts: 56
    wanting this bike to be a good all rounder iI'm doing plenty of long weekend rides and sportives looking at doing some racing midweek with the local club, and after doing majorca this year on a hired kuota and loving the climbs now hoping to give the alps a go later this year.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I did the Bryan Chapman Memorial Audax (388 miles) one of the Foils this weekend (the compact with 25c Michelin Pro4 SC) and the Brevet Cymru (253 miles) on the other two weeks ago, so distance isn't an issue. Climbs like a goat, descends with confidence, and can take anything you throw at it.

Try both and get which ever you prefer.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg