BeOne Bikes - Bankrupt

dee4life2005
dee4life2005 Posts: 773
edited May 2013 in Road general
After trying to access their website for the last few days, I've since discovered that it would appear to be down because they've filed for bankruptcy :-( I wouldn't have thought this would be good news for ChainReactionCycles as they appear to be the exclusive UK dealer for them.

http://www.faillissementsdossier.nl/nl/ ... ng-bv.aspx

Wonder how that leaves us with regards frame spares (e.g. derailleur hangers) and frame warranty claims (hopefully not needed).

Comments

• lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    That's a shame. A friend of mine bought one of their bikes last year and has been very pleased with it.

I think there will be frame spares kicking around for a while as the liquidator will sell all their stock but as far as warranty claims go, you will be out of luck should you need to make one.
  • dee4life2005
    edited May 2013
    I have a Beone Diablo Race 2012, and have had it for about 8 months now. Can't fault it.

However, I've been trying to get a new derailleur hanger, "derailleur hanger 405", and Chain Reaction Cycles appear to be the only place that ever sold them - but they don't stock them anymore :-( You'd think they'd stock spares for more than one year, especially when they are still selling some 2012 models that use that particular derailleur hanger.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    bet CRC buys the assets.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Depends how the retailer has described the warranty. They may have a back to back rather than pass through, in which case its the retailers problem. Still have statutory rights though.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Feel sorry for all those that own one as warranty issues may be a problem, though saying that, look out for a bargain to be had as they are very good bikes and may be available at a massive reduction of you can still get one.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    LOL
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    nweststeyn wrote:
    LOL

I think you're finished with them anyway! Any news on the steel bike?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    declan1 wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:
    LOL

I think you're finished with them anyway! Any news on the steel bike?

Paid a deposit to get in line for a Shand frame, but still waiting on dates that it might be built 8)

2 broken BeOne frames in 18 months... maybe they went bankrupt due to the amount of warranty replacement frames they were having to send out?
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    shame for them. I have a Beone MTB and its been great. Tremendous value when I bought it from CRC. I am not surprised that they have struggled as the market is so competitive at the lower end. I think I got a Deore specced bike with Easton finishing kit and wheels, disc brakes for £350. good for the customer but not sustainable margin I expect.
  • ariba
    ariba Posts: 48
    I have a Beone Diablo Race 2012, and have had it for about 8 months now. Can't fault it.

However, I've been trying to get a new derailleur hanger, "derailleur hanger 405", and Chain Reaction Cycles appear to be the only place that ever sold them - but they don't stock them anymore :-( You'd think they'd stock spares for more than one year, especially when they are still selling some 2012 models that use that particular derailleur hanger.

hi - you could try http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/ (don't be put off by the name - they do road bikes also). I had to do some hunting to find a replacement hanger for my road bike (from small Italian manufacturer), but found one on here.

(I've only bought one item from them & aren't connected to them in any way)

hope this helps

tim
    --

Battaglin C13 (white)
    Cube Analog (green/white)
    Decathlon 7.3 (yellow)
    Pinnacle Arkose 3 (grey)
    Looking for bike n+1
  • dee4life2005
    Thanks for the link, could come in handy in future. They don't seem to have the particular hanger I need, but I did find it on a german site. Contacted them and they should be getting them in stock in a few days. (http://www.schaltauge.com/Beone-Rear-De ... Hanger-318).

Might order a couple so I have one or two spares.
  • dee4life2005
    Got it from SOShanger.com (http://soshanger.com/RT318-derailleur-hanger-BEONE). It's a french company, and they seem to have a few different hangers for BeOne frames - so could be a handy resource for anyone else looking for them.
  • ariba
    ariba Posts: 48
    Thanks Dee,

another page to add to my bicycling bookmarks folder!

:)
    --

Battaglin C13 (white)
    Cube Analog (green/white)
    Decathlon 7.3 (yellow)
    Pinnacle Arkose 3 (grey)
    Looking for bike n+1