100 not out!

zardoz
zardoz Posts: 251
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
I did my first century ride on Day 1 of the London Revolution 2 day sportive this weekend. 5hrs 52 for the final 100 - not too shabby for a 57 year old who only took up cycling 8 months ago even if I say so myself. The last 10 miles(flat) were done in 30:49 so I may decide to give a TT a go sometime soon. However getting up today and doing another 89 miles on day 2 round the Surrey Hills wasn't quite so easy!

And before all the anti sportive brigade tell me I could have ridden the same roads for free (nothing like saying the obvious is there?) It was a really excellent event and I didn't meet a single rider who thought otherwise. When I started cycling with a 9 mile lung bursting and leg burning ride 8 months ago I wanted to get fitter, lose some weight and have a lot of fun. All three boxes have been ticked.

The best 2 days I've had on a bike to date.

Comments

• marylogic
    marylogic Posts: 355
    Good for you! The most important thing is that YOU enjoyed yourself. Good time too. :)
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    A very well done to you young sir.An inspiration to all.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Absolutely superb effort.Well done.Chapeau indeed.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Cupras
    Cupras Posts: 145
    Brilliant. That's exactly what I am working towards right now. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Well done - long distances are so much more fun when ridden with others - chapeau
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.