edited May 2013 in Your road bikes
!!!!!

Comments

• fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    Another top looking Felt bike :wink:
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • dread_i1
    dread_i1 Posts: 178
    Nice, almost makes me want to trade up from my F3
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Looks like some other makes and models might have fitted you better? ...you could do with an inline seatpost (no layback) to tidy things up if you're bothered (you might not be) and a black version of the RCS stem in matt black to steer the eye away from the fact you have it flipped I reckon.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    I think the next size up may eleviate some of the issues with fitting.
    A lot of people dont spend enough time and thought in ensuring a good fit when buying a bike. I have also been guilty of this in the past. Its just too exciting buying a bike too worry about such things!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    dwanes wrote:
    A lot of people dont spend enough time and thought in ensuring a good fit when buying a bike. I have also been guilty of this in the past. Its just too exciting buying a bike too worry about such things!

No, next size up wouldn't have worked, the stem would have had to be tiny for one. Taking it the fit is correct, which it might not be, its more likely a different make and model would fit better I reckon.

But, that said I reckon inline post will make it look a lot more 'right' and black stem to take your eye away from the fact its flipped, as white is saying (to me anyway) 'look at me, look at me, Im the wrong way up!'
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    mfin wrote:
    dwanes wrote:

No, next size up wouldn't have worked, the stem would have had to be tiny for one. Taking it the fit is correct, which it might not be, its more likely a different make and model would fit better I reckon.

mfin, I dont think you are thinking it through properly.
    Take a look, at the moment in raising his seatpost it increases the reach (from saddle to bars) because of the angle of the seat tube. The next size up will result in a Lower seatpost, hence the saddle will be relatively further forward, offsetting the increase in top tube length, so the stem would still be similar, The drop from saddle to the bars will not be as severe and then the stem doesnt need to be flipped.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Fit looks fine bike looks great.

There is no perfect position for everyone. If this setup works for the OP then that's all that matters who cares if his saddle looks 2cm off.

A black stem would finish this bike off nicely though.