Wanna give free riding a bash...

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
edited May 2013 in MTB general
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of building myself a freeride bike for fun in between XC stuff.

What kind if frame would be a good option? Was looking at the "ns surge" because it wasn't too expensive.

What other advice would you give someone wanting to give it a bash?
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    Of free riding i know nothing !,but the NS Surge is a brilliant frame just built one up as a XC bike and its really good, nice and "springy" but not to harsh on the rear and it plays a nice tune as well !, the model i have is the 15" frame and it is very easy to flick direction on, makes me want to jump with the kids but then i have to remind myself that my skills locker is empty in that department. :)
  • Kerrmit1992
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

It does seem to get a lot of good reviews. Most of my money gets spent on my XC bike that I'm building. I'm looking for something now that I can muck around on and stuff like that, something I'm not going to be really serious about. Something I can do jumps and stuff on. I've been looking at a lot of the dirt jumping bikes which seem to look like BMX bikes for off road use and have bigger tyres, may invest in something like that :-)
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I think you may be confused as to what you think 'free riding' is
  • Kerrmit1992
    Yeah I think I've got it confused for dirt jumping.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Freeride =
    pbpic565606.jpg

Or something along those lines :)

In all seriousness, 'mountain bikes' are very do-it-all anyway. Just look for something small and slack and you'll find there's very little you can't have fun on.