Orbital Cycling Festival - Goodwood

bianchi_tim
bianchi_tim Posts: 79
edited May 2013 in Road general
Anyone going to this? I live fairly close to Goodwood and only saw it mentioned in Cycling Plus this month, it doesn't appear to be being advertised very heavily but looks really interesting.

http://orbitalfestival.com

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That looks quite fun, wonder if they will advertise a bit more closer to the time?
  • phil_smeeth
    phil_smeeth Posts: 37
    I've been looking at this Tim. I think it could be quite good fun. I live very close to Goodwood.

Are you thinking about entering any races?
  • bianchi_tim
    bianchi_tim Posts: 79
    HI Phil, maybe just for fun though! I'm just getting back to fitness so I may book onto a couple just so I have a target to aim for. I reckon it should be a good weekend, nice to have something like this on our doorstep.
  • jimmybloom
    jimmybloom Posts: 82
    Definitely going to this, be a fool not to as its so close to me. Goodwood is always pleasant, so a cycling festival can only be a bonus!
  • banana pilot
    banana pilot Posts: 178
    If you're on facebook, look them up on there...they're quite active.
  • phil_smeeth
    phil_smeeth Posts: 37
    I'm really looking forward to it. I think I'm going to do the X+1, 20km TT and the tutti frutti.

There was a 50 mile charity ride for MS around the circuit a couple of weekends ago. I missed it due to illness but I'll be there next year!
  • jimmybloom
    jimmybloom Posts: 82
    The MS ride was a good (bit windy), would definitely recommend. The BHF are doing a ride there on the 7th July, do as many laps as you want...if you wanted to blast round the track a few times?!