replace gxp bb for something better

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Only changed the bb on my enduro in january and after about half a dozen rides, pretty sure this one is dying too.
Horrible grinding/roughness, more so when in the small ring at the front. All checks out ok until loading it up, then its horrible.

Anyways, before I stick another gxp in there, is there a decent upgrade/direct replacement I could use?

Ta.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Have you had the BB face checked?

And you are using the correct number of spacers and not too many?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Lbs fitted the first replacement, early last year along with enduro bearings which they royally stuffed up. They then swapped that out for a normal gxp as they couldnt get the enduro bearings one to work. Thought they would of faced it if it needed doing? Come to think of it, its never lasted long since they messed with it. Ive just replaced like for like (spacer wise) how they fitted it.
    Will have a look at spacers etc.. ta.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Not sure if this is common practice or not. But the shop near me won't face a BB shell unless told specifically to do so and will charge a bit more when fitting a crank set.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    My GXP bottom bracket has survived a year of mud, rain and hard riding in my bottom bracket. Make sure the BB shell is faced.