Dolan Mythos

nestiejohn
nestiejohn Posts: 12
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
Here is my Mythos, first carbon bike after I snapped the chainstay on my Felt. Gets ridden everyday on the steep, bumpy, cow poo covered roads of Carmarthenshire.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21688264@N06/8753552062/

Comments

• ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    Cool, I like it. Ultegra?

The classic bars suit it well too.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    That's nice.

I'm re-furbing my Dolan. I bought the frame at the beginning of 2007 from their sale off section. It is alloy with a carbon rear triangle in "Dangerfield" pearlescent white. It has 105 and Ultegra wheels with Deda finishing kit and cost £850 all in.

6 years on and its looking a bit sad and sorry. I love the frame so its being re-sprayed black and I'm putting a Zipp service course finishing kit on it. Unfortunately I can't afford to upgrade the 105. Hopefully it will look as good as your Mythos when it's finished
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ianwilliams
    ianwilliams Posts: 257
    How does it ride?

Information on these bikes is pretty hard to come by.
  • I like mine, not got a huge amount to compare it too though, only real complaint is that there is not enough tyre clearance for crud catchers when you have 25's on
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Nice looking bike although it looks like your bars could do with being turned up.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Nice looking bike although it looks like your bars could do with being turned up.

No they couldn't - they're classic bend bars. He's got them set up perfectly.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    lovely looking bike. I think there's something quite workmanlike about the Mythos.
    they ride really well, especially considering the price of the frame. Think I paid £400 for frame, forks and headset for mine, brand new in the sale which is amazing value.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I have for a soft spot for Dolan but as of yet haven't pulled the trigger so info on how they ride would be good
  • nestiejohn
    nestiejohn Posts: 12
    Thanks for posting the picture in there, I couldn't find the picture properties to paste in the brackets as per the instructions.

Thanks for the comments. As my fourth road bike it rides the best of all of them. I had a two LeMonds (can't remember the models), a Felt F55 and this. It feels responsive in the right places, I think I would prefer a stiffer fork though. It has quite a high front end which means it's easier to use the drops, I am looking out for a Control Tech stem with more negative rise, can only find+-5 degrees though.

The bars were higher but I hit a pothole and they slipped down By chance, the new position was more comfortable, especially for an old scaphoid fracture that never healed.
  • notlongnow
    notlongnow Posts: 176
    Nice
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Nice, I'm building a Dolan Hercules at the moment, I'm suprised that Dolan don't seem very popular as a brand for for road bikes.
  • avababy24
    avababy24 Posts: 162
    Great company Dolan - Canyon could learn a lot about customer service from these guys ! I've been in communications with them ref a Ares. Seems like they can do me one in complete matt black with Sram Force, just need to make some time to get over to their place for a sizing then start saving big time!
  • tek50
    tek50 Posts: 7
    not a huge fan of dolan but i think you got the older 6600 with the 6700 c/set bang on. like above poster says, they dont come much better than dolan for PR and aftersales
  • neilrobins
    neilrobins Posts: 102
    trek_dan wrote:
    Nice, I'm building a Dolan Hercules at the moment, I'm suprised that Dolan don't seem very popular as a brand for for road bikes.
    My Mythos is my day to day bike and did me for LEJoG last year. Around here (NW Eng) you will see at least a dozen every ride at the weekend, there are two other Mythos within a street of me. The local following of Dolan, due to generous backing of local clubs, is massive and loyal. As said the customer service is phenomenal which backs up great kit.
  • samh26
    samh26 Posts: 15
    Now thats a good looking bike
  • Hi,
    The Mythos bit the dust back in November. Thanks to great customer care at Dolan they sent me a replacement L'Etape frameset. Here it is.

photostream

21688264@N06
  • What am I doing wrong with the picture?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21688264@N ... otostream/
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 406
    11980873224_f0b84a4b4e.jpg

You want the BBCode that is already within IMG brackets.

Good looking bike- what happened to the previous one?
  • Thanks for sorting the pic. The old one developed a crack just behind the bottom bracket. Dolan asked me to send it back and they sent me a new one within days, couldn't have been more helpful.
  • Ackie
    Ackie Posts: 22
    Very nice looking bike. The L'Etape looks great in Blue.
    Is that a 52cm/Large?
    I am thinking of getting that size as it is very similar to my 58cm Dolan Preffisio which fits me well at 6'1".