Another example of how hated we are in the UK

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited May 2013 in The cake stop
Political it may be but again, another example at how hated we are. So far we are the only ones to be boo'd when giving our votes.
Living MY dream.

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Was that not just because it was Scott Mills?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Don't give a flying f@ck.
    At least we have no chance of winning and have to host this shitfest the following year.
  • wtf is this about!
  • drays
    drays Posts: 119
    wtf is this about!

Haven't you heard? :D
    2014 Planet X Pro Carbon
    2012 Boardman Hybrid Comp
    2010 Boardman Pro Hardtail
    c1994 Raleigh Outland MTB
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    wtf is this about!

i think hes a bit teary over the eurovision result.

of course you as a 'kipper' wouldnt have been watching what with all those awful forruns on it! :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • ooo i see, i take it we lost? was it a commie fix up by the 2nd world?

no im a bit like farage, i like foreigners so long as their not avin our jobs/tax money/giving us orders, indeed a couple of years ago i went out with a dutch auditor for a year or so, till my rampant xenophobia took its toll on her, and i got fed up with being told what to do...
  • i went out with a dutch auditor
    That sounds like a euphemism for something. Problem is, I don't know what.
    Mangeur
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    i went out with a dutch auditor
    That sounds like a euphemism for something. Problem is, I don't know what.
    Someone closely monitoring and scrutinising your methods and techniques. :wink:
    Or more worryingly, have you documented everything. :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I wonder which 'quite well known ages ago but hasn't done owt for years and is just doing for the cash' star we will drag out for next year ...
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I wonder which 'quite well known ages ago but hasn't done owt for years and is just doing for the cash' star we will drag out for next year ...

We keep going for acts big in Germany...

So my guess is the guy from Knight Rider and baywatch (The Hoff). No he's not british but he was on BGT and it doesn't really seem to matter anyway.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    performers don't have to be from the origin country - the songwriters do - max of 3 minutes, maximum of 6 performers on stage

Guess who was responsible for the terrible albums that The Hoff produced in the 80s/90s (the exec producer not writer of songs) ? Simon Cowell ! he was also responsible for Robson and Jerome....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • VTech
    edhornby wrote:
    performers don't have to be from the origin country - the songwriters do - max of 3 minutes, maximum of 6 performers on stage

Guess who was responsible for the terrible albums that The Hoff produced in the 80s/90s (the exec producer not writer of songs) ? Simon Cowell ! he was also responsible for Robson and Jerome....

He also knew what people were willing to buy :wink:
    Living MY dream.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    im a bit like farage

faraj :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    no im a bit like farage

Nah - you can't be that much of a khunt. No one can be that much of a khunt.
  • Mikey23
    Talking of Germany, I think I heard this morning that they were blaming their poor showing on their negative political status
  • VTech
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Talking of Germany, I think I heard this morning that they were blaming their poor showing on their negative political status

I would say that's true but governments know the truth where the people are ultimately clueless.
    Governments owe stacks and are beholdant to German cash, the general public of these countries hate the Germans because of the sanctions placed on their governments but don't realise that these are needed to stop them getting into even more trouble.
    If it were not for Germany the world would be horrific right now. ( more than we could imagine in comparison to now)
    Living MY dream.
  • Mikey23
    True enough but are people so stoopid en masse that they wouldn't vote for a good song because they have a slight prob with its country of origin? I suppose I've just answered my own question...
  • mallinov
    mallinov Posts: 143
    edhornby wrote:

Not exactly true serge gainsburgh once wrote a song for Luxembourg and not forgetting the infamous yves dessca who wrote songs for Monaco and Luxembourg. :-)
  • VTech
    I think you need to be picked by the country to qualify :mrgreen:

It's a camp joke in reality with little or no true meaning. I can't imagine winning as the cost would be aweful to bare.
    Living MY dream.