Genesis Equilibrium with handbuilts

Hanners
Hanners Posts: 260
edited May 2013 in Your road bikes
updated my Genesis with a new pair of hoops

Genesis Equilibrium
105 Group
Cinelli finishing kit
H Plus Son TB14 rims on 105 hubs and dt spokes (from our own Ugo off this manor)
The wheels really suit the look of the bike and ride as smooth as butter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78131900@N ... 527673368/

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Really like that. Thought long and hard about that frame. (you can pick them up for £450) before I pushed the button on my Generic carbon. If I had nt already got a Kaffenbach I'd have gone for one of them or even the 853 version

Those wheels look the dogs on that frame. Thinking about getting UGO to do me some Archetypes on either a hope hub or an Ultegra for my ride.
  • MaxwellBygraves
    MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
    8750575961_bcfdd928fe.jpg
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    That is gorgeous. Love it. Really want one of those as my "go to bike" will last a life time, and look good for the entirety of it.

May I ask how much the wheels were and how heavy they are. Looking for some like that...
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • Hanners
    Hanners Posts: 260
    That is gorgeous. Love it. Really want one of those as my "go to bike" will last a life time, and look good for the entirety of it.

May I ask how much the wheels were and how heavy they are. Looking for some like that...
    pm ugo im sure he will give you all the info

Im not sure which bottle cage to go for had an elite custom in black but i think a metal cage will look better
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    Next thing some tan walled tyres... :wink:

Haven't weighed them... probably 1800 grams or thereabout... Shimano hubs are heavier than the competition... and frankly better
    left the forum March 2023
  • jezzasnr
    jezzasnr Posts: 225
    That's lovely.
    Ugo, what tan wall clinchers are good? Currently running Michelin Pro4, love the ride, not so keen on the way they're starting to split! Time for some Tans on the Colnago
    ....like it's golden
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    jezzasnr wrote:
    That's lovely.
    Ugo, what tan wall clinchers are good? Currently running Michelin Pro4, love the ride, not so keen on the way they're starting to split! Time for some Tans on the Colnago

I have used Open Corsa SC and CHallenge Forte... they both are excellent, but they both have weak side walls, so excellent for good roads, not so for badly damaged surfaces. I scuffed one quite badly on a section of cobbles in Windsor.
    For something more touring, the Panaracer Pasela are more robust, they come in all sizes, down to 23 mm and they are super tyres
    left the forum March 2023
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Like the bike, love the wheels :D