Tour of Norway ***Spoiler***

Pross
Pross Posts: 41,130
edited May 2013 in Pro race
I'm surprised there's been no mention of this as the forum tends to pick up every race usually. I know the big one is on at the moment (and also the Giro) but still..

Kristoff winning the battle of the home riders at the moment with wins in the first two stages and second behind Bos today whilst EBH has had two seconds and a 4th leaving them 1st and 2nd respectively in GC and points. Queen stage tomorrow, maybe EBH's chance to take the lead.

ES have a new commentator for the race in Jonathan Harris-Bass. Not much chance to assess him yet but seemed to do quite a decent job.

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,021
    So racing is Italy is snowed off, but Norway is ok ?
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    I've been watching it and had my fingers crossed for EBH.....but then let out a bit of a sigh at the end :?
    I imagine he would have expected to get a stage at least but he was pretty underpowered yesterday.
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    Is this called the Tour of Norway - I always thought it was the EBH Pointsfest .....Tour
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    EBH - same pattern as last year, picks up bonus secs in the sprints without winning any outright. Then is the selective day into Lillehammer i.e. today, which he won last year. The last stage tomorrow is another sprint day.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,256
    Had almost completely forgotten about EBH...

Taking of "same pattern as last year" - Any signs that he's made the leap to potentially troubling the usual sprint suspects in July or are we going to be tempted to pick him just once in PTP in the first week for a gradual uphill sprint, before deciding "bo11ocks EBH; 6th place doesn't cut it", before watching him line it out in the early slopes of the first serious mountains and wondering if he's ever going to make the leap to trouble the usual GC suspects...?
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    EBH looking a bit slow in the sprint. Worth watching for the "Sébastien Hinault coming home in third place, I think, there for IAM" commentary - brilliant!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,945
    Beautiful weather, nice mountains and 90 kms of live racing on tv.
    Is this the Giro? No, it's the Tour of Norway.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    EBH - same pattern as last year, picks up bonus secs in the sprints without winning any outright. Then is the selective day into Lillehammer i.e. today, which he won last year. The last stage tomorrow is another sprint day.

:D went as per the script then :roll:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,998
    Kristoff takes the stage and EBH takes the overall - apparently.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Pross wrote:
    ES have a new commentator for the race in Jonathan Harris-Bass. Not much chance to assess him yet but seemed to do quite a decent job.

Thats who it is. I watched highlights of the first stage and when Kristoff won it (after EBH got a nice leadout and then went slow), he said that Kristoff had annoyed the home fans by beating EBH. Er, no.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    That was a great straight left on Ferrari, knocked him straight off his bike!
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • poppit
    poppit wrote:
    That was a great straight left on Ferrari, knocked him straight off his bike!

See what I mean http://www.tv2.no/play/sport/sykkel/albuet-rytter-i-asfalten-719859.html
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    poppit wrote:

WTF was that all about? He seemed to grab the other rider first - what's the story?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    poppit wrote:

WTF was that all about? He seemed to grab the other rider first - what's the story?

Just came across this. I hope this loser is fined very heavily. This sort of behavior is unacceptable.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • poppit
    Doesn't seem to be any info on what caused this or the name of the other rider, I'd have thought he's been punished in some way though.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    It wasn't a straight left on Ferrari, he instigated it and the Topsport Vlaanderen rider shrugged him off. If Ferrari hadn't taken his hand off the bars he wouldn't have come off.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,021
    Having looked at this again, I think Gibdog is right. Ferrari lifts his right hand to the Topsport rider before the reaction.
    Not sure if Topsport guy really pushed him, more like a flick that caught Ferrari off balance.