Weight difference for SLX M675 vs XT M785 Shimano Brakes

2»

Comments

• hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    I cannot find these weights published in any Shimano Documentation or websites.
    I have found random threads on the internet where there are pictures of them on scales, but the models are often not published and they also vary based on whether the hoses have been cut/finned pads etc. I want to know definitively what the difference is. Does anyone know?
    Posts stating that the difference is marginal is not what I am after. I want to make a purchase decision and one of the factors is weight, but I want to be able to decide if the extra for XT is worth it, only I do not have any reliable weights.

I have seen forum posts suggesting SLX is both 288g and 304g per calliper with hose and lever attached.
    I have seen someone do the same for XT stating both 304g, 282g, 285g.
    I know there may be some difference based on hose length.

Does anyone know?

Thanks
    If it helps, I just bought some a SLX brake set, fully bled but without the finned pads.
    The front weighs 285g - lever, 1000mm hose and callipers with normal pads.
    The rear weighs 302g - lever, 1700mm hose and callipers with normal pads.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Dont bother with the finned pads. I have used finned and non finned on my DH bike and even on long descents it makes bugger all difference. Non finned pads are a few grammes lighter if that matters to you.