Girls light easy peddling ht needed any suggestions?

Re-Cycle
Re-Cycle Posts: 83
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I'm looking for a light and easy pedalling girls or small women's hard tail. Wont be doing anything adventurouse on it so doesn't have to have all singing shock or brakes. Just needs to be cheap and light really so the little one doesn't ask me to call for the funeral car next time she is trying to pedal uphill(slope) on a blue run. Thanks

Comments

• thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    I wouldn't bother with paying the extra for front shock or disk brakes then. You sound as though this sort of thing would be perfect...
    http://www.islabikes.co.uk/bike_pages/beinn29.html
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • Re-Cycle
    I wouldn't bother with paying the extra for front shock or disk brakes then. You sound as though this sort of thing would be perfect...
    http://www.islabikes.co.uk/bike_pages/beinn29.html
    Bit more than I wanted to spend really as she is really just occasional cyclist. I wondered if anyone had any experience of the btwins that decathlon do?
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    What size, girls to small women is a pretty big banding?

My little girl has the Rockrider Junior, which was about £150 fro memory and is really good for the cash (but she is 11, so it is pretty small), the girlfriend was looking at the Rockrider 5.3 which is just over £300, which is really decent value too.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Re-Cycle wrote:
    Bit more than I wanted to spend really
    Which is.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    Most Btwin's seem to be good value. If you can find one with a rigid fork you'll save weight. Halfords is also worth looking at.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • Re-Cycle
    mcnultycop wrote:
    What size, girls to small women is a pretty big banding?

My little girl has the Rockrider Junior, which was about £150 fro memory and is really good for the cash (but she is 11, so it is pretty small), the girlfriend was looking at the Rockrider 5.3 which is just over £300, which is really decent value too.

She is 11 so will have a look. Thanks.