Behind seat bottle mount.

rudivoller22
rudivoller22 Posts: 492
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend a bottle cage/mount that fits behind the seat that isn't stupidly expensive?
Thanks

Comments

• forward_loop
    forward_loop Posts: 314
    Can anyone recommend a bottle cage/mount that fits behind the seat that isn't stupidly expensive?
    Thanks

there used to be a website that listed them all but cant find it. I tried several in the past (including the super expensive) - this was by far the best - simple straighforward and multi-use

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=5298&gclid=CKPbz6Ctm7cCFTIQtAodmm0ABw (random shop) - the finish was surprisingly good. use lockthread on the bolts under the saddle
  • I bought the bottaanegra (unpronounceable) one from evans. It was £34.95 I think, a twin cage one and its ace
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    You mean a bottle launcher? You need to use strong cages otherwise you'll reach behind to find there's nothing there - Tacx Starlight is a bracket that you simple screw 2 regular bottle cages to.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    why?
  • rudivoller22
    rudivoller22 Posts: 492
    xscreamsuk wrote:
    why?

I'm going to be doing an ironman and so wanted some extra bottles for liquid.
  • xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    ok,
  • pkripper
    pkripper Posts: 652
    X-lab with gorilla cages. Given the race entry was likely something ridiculous, the extra cash to know you have nutrition that's not bounced off down the road is worth it to me.