postage costs

stinger53
stinger53 Posts: 135
edited May 2013 in The cake stop
is it me or is the cost of posting things becoming stupidly expensive. Cost me £3 to send back a pair of fingerless gloves which the stitching was going apart.

Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    cost me £5.20 to post a bidon sized package 2nd class this week- it weighed 250 grams !

wait until they privatise the royal mail- it will be cheaper to deliver the stuff in person then!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Ribble now charge £20 to deliver an item under 500grams to Portugal :shock:

UK postal system charged £5 to deliver a small parcel to me, I then paid 1.36 euros to return it, quite a big difference.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    thats a lot- i just got a quote for £30 to send a pair of wheels to portugal!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    cool, thank you :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    hahaha :D
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 367
    Collect plus is often cheaper and you can pay online then drop things off at all hours at your local convenience shop. Parcels up to 10kg but max. dimensions are quite small.
  • Shaun20
    Shaun20 Posts: 218
    Hmmm, maybe Royal Mail's modernisation plans of every man in a van instead of on a bike isn't as cost effective as they thought, hence price hikes............... Who would of guessed that!!
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    pinkteapot wrote:
    Collect plus is often cheaper and you can pay online then drop things off at all hours at your local convenience shop. Parcels up to 10kg but max. dimensions are quite small.

I use Collect +

Cheap and easy.

Royal Mail is like a failing restaurant which keeps increasing prices because it isn't making any money.