Exotic parts?

Time.to.ride
Time.to.ride Posts: 463
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hey all, everyone knows Exotic carbon forks are now proven as a good quality rigid fork however does anyone know how good the Exotic carbon hardtail frame is, or maybe has one actually been tested on here by anybody?

Cheers :wink:

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    MBUK tested the frame, got a good review, though is xc biased of course.

The forks are fine - they make these for many people under various brands.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Exotic does loom pricey compared to say a Whippet though.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Time.to.ride
    I noticed that as well when looking compared to the On One carbon hardtail frames but im not sure everything will fit from my Orange especially the F.Mech as i think the down tube is fatter than the Exotic one.
    Plus it will look nice having frame and forks the same make
  • The Rookie
    Look good? not really, especially not when muddy! The On-one CF fork would scratch that itch though.

Front mech is unliley to carry over from an alloy to CF frame as the CF will be larger OD.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I noticed that as well when looking compared to the On One carbon hardtail frames but im not sure everything will fit from my Orange especially the F.Mech as i think the down tube is fatter than the Exotic one.
    Plus it will look nice having frame and forks the same make

Don't suppose you want a brand new eXotic Meta F stem, (60mm x 25.4mm) to go with that do you?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Time.to.ride
    No thanks Felix, thanks for asking though, got my perfect set up , ps @The beginner it would be coming from a steel frame not that i suppose it would make a lot of difference really would it?
  • The Rookie
    Even less likley to fit a CF frame then!

As Manitou, Rockshox, Marzocchi and Fox sell lots of forks yet no frames, matching forks to frame brand seems a bit 'regressive'?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I cant comment on the frame but ive had a set of handle bars for a little while which are really nice little bit of flex as youd expect but well made