What Dombrowski Up To?

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited March 2014 in Pro race
Was looking forward to seeing this guy this year. Alot.

Seems to have been pretty anonymous so far, anybody have an up-to-date race schedule for him?

Also Pete Kennaugh - I know he had a winning outing at the Lincoln GP but thaught he'd get a few decent races or opportunities under Sky this year, especially with the Olympics out the way and Brailsfords constant 'Kennaugh is amazing' comments. Want to see him go real hard on a mountain soon!

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    I think Dombrowski has been ill or injured. Seem to recall he was due to ride one of the recent one weekers and dropped out.
  • Pross
    Kennaugh DNFd at Romandie and is due to ride Bayern - Rundfahrt next. Possibly in the Tour squad?
  • Pross
    Just checked Domrowski and Boswell have both had a bit of knee trouble which they put down to the switch to new bikes, shoes etc. Dombrowski, like Kennaugh, is due to ride B - R having originally been pencilled in for the Giro.
  • Pross
    Looking at Kennaugh's results so far he has ridden Oman, T-A (DNF), Catalunya (DNF), Trentino and Romandie (DNF). Hard to get any sort of accurate picture of how he is going and what his aims are really as he's just been used up as a domestique.

With Dombrowski the team apparently felt it was unfair to put him into the Giro due to the pressure at supporting a pre-race favourite. Not much info on teams going forward at present which is pretty normal isn't it?
  • LeicesterLad
    Pross wrote:
    Looking at Kennaugh's results so far he has ridden Oman, T-A (DNF), Catalunya (DNF), Trentino and Romandie (DNF). Hard to get any sort of accurate picture of how he is going and what his aims are really as he's just been used up as a domestique.

With Dombrowski the team apparently felt it was unfair to put him into the Giro due to the pressure at supporting a pre-race favourite. Not much info on teams going forward at present which is pretty normal isn't it?

I'm actually quite surprised Kennaugh has ridden all of those - I didn't notice but I spose that's just good domestique behaviour. Would be nice if they let him loose to bag a mountain stage in one of these races though!

Yeah, some teams publish rosters for the next couple of months ahead but Sky are probably too 'marginal gains' to give anything like that away! :wink:
  • Pross
    He picked up something like 10th in stage 1a of Trentino (behind the break that got a big gap). As Sky's first man home he would have been in the race lead after the TTT if the break hadn't been given such a lead :wink:

I know you didn't ask about Boswell but he's out in Norway at the moment riding the Tour of Norway which appears to have gone completely under the Bike Radar radar!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited May 2013
    Pross wrote:
    He picked up something like 10th in stage 1a of Trentino (behind the break that got a big gap). As Sky's first man home he would have been in the race lead after the TTT if the break hadn't been given such a lead :wink:

I know you didn't ask about Boswell but he's out in Norway at the moment riding the Tour of Norway which appears to have gone completely under the Bike Radar radar!

I was peeking at it yday. Boswell and Josh E = loads of work on the front as Sky were controlling it for almost all of the race
  • LeicesterLad
    Pross wrote:

I was peeking at it yday. Boswell and Josh E = loads of work on the front

Edmondson has been a massive revalation in comparrison to poor old JTL...
  • Richmond Racer
    Pross wrote:

I was peeking at it yday. Boswell and Josh E = loads of work on the front

Edmondson has been a massive revalation in comparrison to poor old JTL...

That's undeniable, for sure, Edmondson's been superb. He also seems to have been free of the physical issues that JTL's had e.g. saddle sores.
  • Pross
    I wouldn't be surprised to see JTL do well at the Worlds again and Lombardy. He'll be carrying some form in from the main race of the year, the Tour of Britain :lol:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I think sometimes we forget that these (Dombrowski and Edmondson) are neo-pros, this year is about adjusting to the pace of World Tour races and finding their way in the peoloton, very few riders get close to winning anything.

JTL is a slightly different case due to his age, maybe they are just easing him into it and his chances will come later in the year.

As for Kennaugh, not sure about him, you can't be the next big thing for ever. I know he's focussed a lot on the track over the last couple of year, but so has Geraint Thomas and he's still managed to fit in some good performances on the road.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Richmond Racer
    I think sometimes we forget that these (Dombrowski and Edmondson) are neo-pros, this year is about adjusting to the pace of World Tour races and finding their way in the peoloton, very few riders get close to winning anything.
    JTL is a slightly different case due to his age, maybe they are just easing him into it and his chances will come later in the year.

As for Kennaugh, not sure about him, you can't be the next big thing for ever. I know he's focussed a lot on the track over the last couple of year, but so has Geraint Thomas and he's still managed to fit in some good performances on the road.

Agree. Boswell gave a recent interview and said that the huge diference - and shock to the system - is the speed of the bunch in WT races and the constant fighting for a position vs every rider and team - compared to riding Conti where maybe only 20-odd riders out of the entire bunch would actually be contesting.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Anyone know what he is up to? Haven't seen or heard anything about him for months.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Anyone know what he is up to? Haven't seen or heard anything about him for months.

He's had a spot of knee problems at the start of the season
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642

He's had a spot of knee problems at the start of the season

Ok thanks, lets hope we see him flexing his legs in anger sooner rather than later.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I was going to post about giving the poor guy a break, but it's taken until now for me to figure out that him and Amy Dombroski are in no way related.

:oops: :oops:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent