Norwich 100?

barrybridges
barrybridges Posts: 420
Am thinking about joining a friend who is riding the Norwich 100 on 1st June, but wondered if anyone had either ridden it before or knew what the route was like?

I'm assuming it's pretty flat, but thought I'd check. Is it a worthwhile event, good scenery etc, or will I be spotting people with too many fingers all day.

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Hard to describe, it's not pan flat like some parts of Norfolk/Lincolnshire but it would be entirely wrong to describe it as hilly, the coastal road the route uses peaks at around 300ft I think? The biggest threat for a tough day is the wind, you could easily find yourself ploughing into a headwind through many many miles. It is very scenic, to mind anyway, lots of lush green open views and idylic villages.

Despite being born and raised in Norfolk I do have the standard issue number of fingers, although that might be because my dad was moved down here as a young'un and isn't true Norfolk himself :wink:
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    It's definitely not flat, I think there is about 4000ft of climbing so not a great amount. I have done it in 5h30 on a SS. Our clubs fast group did it in 4h30m last year including a short stop at Sheringham so quite a quick route. Only problem is that it's an a saturday this year and Norwich is really busy at around the time you get back in. You need to take particular care from Colitshall to Norwich (B1150) as the cars will take no notice of the fact there are three thousand cyclist riding down it and you WILL get skimmed by a lot of them.
  • barrybridges
    barrybridges Posts: 420
    Thanks for your replies. I've entered it and looking forward to it.

It's my final bit ride before the Marmotte, and possibly the least realistic preparation for it! But it's a good test of time in the saddle I suppose.
  • Hi all, I've just published a write-up on the Norwich 100:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/active/recre ... rfolk.html