2013 Dartmoor Hornet

2»

Comments

• pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Thanks mate. I have no idea of weight to be honest, I could work it out but cant be bothered! Have you got other bits already or are you waiting? Make a build thread and I'll keep an eye on it!
  • roxx
    roxx Posts: 3
    Well if you have a chance of weighting it in the near future, don't hesitate to paste it here :)

-Waiting on some deore brakes, zee mech & shifter, and a deore crank with a 34 sprocket.
    -Custom built wheels (wtb i23 rims and kore torsion hubs)
    -I'm not sure which fork I'll be buying though... A RS sektor or a Marzocchi 55r (depending on the wallet at that moment) :)
    -other components will probably be Dartmoors also
  • pesky_jones
    Might aswell get dartmoor headset - blaze.

Sounds cool, I have deore brakes and zee mech and shifter - brilliant. Reckon you'll be very happy with your build!

I went for a zee crankset with 36T.

An RS Sektor is probally a good shout.

What size frame?
  • roxx
    roxx Posts: 3
    size 18"

Can you climb the steep stuff with the 36T ring?
  • pesky_jones
    Yeah its fine for climbing. I rode a specialized hardrock 3x9 before this, and prefer climbing on this.

I run a 11-36T 10 speed deore cassette
  • pesky_jones
    edited April 2014
    New fork replaced on warranty.

IMAG0450_zpsaw6xojnu.jpg

IMAG0449_1_zpszf32pufn.jpg

IMAG0443_zpsfjhxkmvh.jpg
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    New fork replaced on warranty.

IMAG0449_1_zpszf32pufn.jpg

Looks really good with the black stanchions IMO
    Are they 140 or 150 Revs?
  • pesky_jones
    Cheers I think so too. 150
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    Saw this in the aggressive HT thread. Love the black stanchoins. I've really been tempted to swap out my float 32's for some new shiny black revs but i think I'd only be doing it fo aesthetic reasons. Looks really good Pesky
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • pesky_jones
    Thanks, yeah before the warranty issue even started happening I thought black stanchions would look cool. Thought never occured to me that if they replaced the fork, it would be a 2014 model and have black stanchions.

Previous fork was a RLT, this is an RCT3 - win.

She's so glam

IMG_20140407_213519_zpsoktcljhe.jpg
  • brucie45
    Thanks, yeah before the warranty issue even started happening I thought black stanchions would look cool. Thought never occured to me that if they replaced the fork, it would be a 2014 model and have black stanchions.

Previous fork was a RLT, this is an RCT3 - win.

She's so glam

IMG_20140407_213519_zpsoktcljhe.jpg

Its alraight for some, any plans for a dropper? Think a bike like this really deserves one! :lol: That would be it for me then!
  • pesky_jones
    haha no not really - when I ride the bike how it likes to be ridden, I slam the seat right down - not sure if this is possible with droppers?

Tbh, most of the time its getting ridden downhill and pushed up, not ridden. Saying that though, I do rely on it for getting places every now and again so a dropper (if it can be slammed) might be a good idea. hmmm
  • brucie45
    I don't think you get the dropper right down, the collar adds about 2 inches. I guess you've probably got another bike when you need a bit more upright riding.
  • pesky_jones
    Nope, this is my only bike! Well, will be once the patriot sells.

hmm even when slammed, the seat post is about 3-4 inches out the seat tube so maybe I can get the low height with a dropper..
  • brucie45
    There you go then, I may just have put the thought of spending another £200 on a reverb on your mind..... sorry/no problem (delete as appropriate) :lol:
  • pesky_jones
    Dam/Thank you