SIDI shoe sizing

cerv50
cerv50 Posts: 272
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
I was about to splash out over £250 for a pair of Shimano S Works road shoes until I tried them on, way too tight across my feet which is a real shame as they are lovely shoes.

I am now looking at getting a pair of Sidi's, how do these size up? I see they do what they call mega for wider feet but was hoping to get into a standard pair first.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    IME Sidi size-up small, so generally go one Euro size up on your regular shoe size
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Standards will be tighter than the s-works
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Do you mean Specialized S -Works? I take 44 in most cycle shoes, 45 (275mm) in Sidi. 43 in ordinary shoes. Even at 45 they are still narrow and I dont have particularly wide feet. I reckon you'll need mega.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    I have Sidi Ergo 3 in 46.5 and have just bought the 2013 S-works in a 45.5, both fit for length. The Sidi is notably a snugger fit around the toes, so if you are finding the S-works a tight fit I would recommend looking at the Mega sizing in Sidi rather than standard.
  • gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    If it helps I've got some sidi Mega size 46 shoes which are just right, loads of width and I'm a uk size 11.
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • slowandsteady
    slowandsteady Posts: 339
    Uk size 9 and I've got sidi wire vernice in size 44.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • cerv50
    cerv50 Posts: 272
    I currently ride with Shimano shoes sized 46, perfect fit on my slabs of meat!

UK shoe size is a 10. Think I might be better off nipping into Evans and try on a load of shoes till I find something that fits properly
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    weird - what people are saying about Sidi's being more snug than the s-works accross the toes - I have both and find the Sidi wider
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Cerv50 - if Shimano 46 fit you well, have you looked at the R315 on close out or the new R320 which are just hitting the shops and have had good reviews, both can be moulded as well.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    As others, I assume you have Spesh S Works shoes. I have Spesh and Sidi shoes and in each pair Spesh size 45 and Sidi 46 - this applies consistently to 3 Spesh and 2 Sidi models.

Peter
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    I'm usually a wide 43 (UK 9), but Sidi size 44 in a Mega fit are perfect for me. But if you're buying Sidis, be warned that the footbeds are rubbish, so buy some decent after-market ones (I use Orthosoles).
  • Lifeboy123
    Lifeboy123 Posts: 213
    I have the S pro sidi's that are a 42.5 wide and perfect fit for me , im UK shoe size 7.5-8, broad foot with high instep if that helps....interesting the sole is 42 but size on tongue is 42.5 so there is half a size play in the uppers