We're all doomed!

skyd0g
skyd0g Posts: 2,540
edited May 2013 in The cake stop

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,201
    We had a great day. very unusual becaue we are often soaking wet whilst the rest of the UK is dry and sunny.

Can I re-word your OP?: You are all doomed.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    As long as it rains on stoke there's reason to celebrate :mrgreen: :roll: :lol::D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Well, you're not alone. It was 3'C here this morning, - I have never seen that in the 9 years we've been here, and it's pissing with rain throughout France, including Nice and Corsica. Don't think I've ever seen that 2nd half May either.

My courgettes and tomatoes are still inside the house - can't put them out in this!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Weather is not right here either, every other day over the next two weeks it's gonna rain, doesn't usually rain at all from May to October :shock:

bernithebiker, my courgettes and tomatoes died the first time I planted them out, the new ones are now outside in pots and are OK this time (it's 17c at 10am which is cold for here)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    team47b wrote:
    Weather is not right here either, every other day over the next two weeks it's gonna rain, doesn't usually rain at all from May to October :shock:

bernithebiker, my courgettes and tomatoes died the first time I planted them out, the new ones are now outside in pots and are OK this time (it's 17c at 10am which is cold for here)

I would think you should be pretty safe to plant out in Portugal now!

This is definitely the coldest spring I've ever seen here - the heating will be on till June I'm sure, and the sea temps are 2 to 3'C below normal.

Question is, does this mean another crap summer?
  • Alain Quay
    Alain Quay Posts: 534
    Question is, does this mean another crap summer? Quite possibly.
    "The culprit is the jet stream which has since 2007, on average, been positioned further south than normal.
    In summer this leads to cooler, wetter weather; in winter we are left exposed to the cold from the north and the east."