what do you do?

Iskandar von Steuben
edited May 2013 in MTB general
to all you who mountain bike, i want to ask, do you participate in other adventurous activities as well as mountain bike riding? in particular.... things like rock climbing, hiking, camping, and mountain climbing? if so how often? once a week- twice a week? or once a month to once every few months?

Comments

• unquestioned
    unquestioned Posts: 172
    I wrestle land whales every so often...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I wrestle land whales every so often...

usually a Saturday night?
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I'm a projects person, I've built up computers, bikes to sell on, re-sprayed bikes. I'm on with a big project at the moment, I plan on making a bike frame designed around a gearbox. But I do go hiking in the mountains too.
  • Buddha1584
    Buddha1584 Posts: 21
    It might not be adventurous but I fly RC Helicopters.
    Gaint Anthem X2
    Norco Sight 2
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    rock climbing, hiking, camping, and mountain climbing?
    been there done that cant be arsed any more.
    build and race cars. build stuff, mend stuff, make stuff.

give me the tools and well the world is my target.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    Snowboarding is all I have left :cry:
    I used to skateboard but i'm too old and my knees can't take it anymore.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Aside from biking, my world is now mostly motorsport based - building rally stages, timing, or competing (once we get the new car built). There's paintball as well.

I have spent a lot of time caving (25 years of two weekends a month + extended summer trips and expeditions), canyoning (once or twice year across europe) and climbing (mostly winter) and would do it again but various reasons put a stop to most of that. And I do miss it.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What weird stuff are you thinking of designing now?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    to all you who mountain bike, i want to ask, do you participate in other adventurous activities as well as mountain bike riding? in particular.... things like rock climbing, hiking, camping, and mountain climbing? if so how often? once a week- twice a week? or once a month to once every few months?
    Hiking... Why walk when you can ride?

Camping, but not for camping's sake, e.g. annual weekend at the British GP, occasional music festival.

Rock climbing, tried it once or twice, didn't like it.

Like skiing, but prefer laying on a beach.

I am a warm water diver, nothing flash, just open water. Not interested in cold water UK diving.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I talk about stuff on the Internet.
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    to all you who mountain bike

That's me out, I only talk about it online.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    mcnultycop wrote:
    I am the hot busty 18 year old pin up model you were talking to last night.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Used to do a little bit of most popular sports as a kid, football, tennis, cricket (if that is a sport) etc.. but while they were fun I never really loved doing them so eventually stopped doing them. Until I found biking and more recently skiing. Those are my main hobbies and things I really have a keen interest and want to do. I still play 5 a side footy most weeks but mainly just for fitness and because its something different but I'd much rather be out riding. I enjoy camping too but never done it on its own its always been because we're off cycling somewhere.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    cooldad wrote:
    mcnultycop wrote:
    I am the hot busty 18 year old pin up model you were talking to last night.
    I know it was you.
    But I'm still grateful.
  • Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    Kitesurfing is my main sport/hobbie/lifestyle choice, just getting back into riding after tens years away from it properly. Actually there's a lot of kitesurfers who do, or have done a fair bit of mountain biking.
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.
  • SteveH28
    SteveH28 Posts: 44
    R/c buggies,
    Used to do some roller blading and mountain boarding. (Wish there were off road rollerblades!),
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Motorcycle road racing is my bag, short circuits and the roads - Manx Grand Prix, Billown Post TT & Southern 100 :D
    The Mountain Biking is a great fitness/training tool for my racing, I started with it a couple of years ago & its helped loads with my bike fitness, keeping my weight down and cardio mixed with a bit of running and hill walking 8)
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I do Judo once a week, and do indoor climbing/bouldering occasionally (though haven't for a while now).
    I like to go camping, cheap holidays basically
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro