Bib Shorts

Haughjd
Haughjd Posts: 93
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Hi I'm going to do my first 50 mile ride this Sunday. I've got some basic endura padded shorts. Had them for about 12 months. Just wondering what the thinking is on bib shorts. Are they a good upgrade. Would you recommend them for a 50+ mile ride. And if so what should I get don't want to spend a fortune, but on the other hand don't want to buy cheap buy twice.

Comments

• Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Asked a similar question recently and virtually everyone suggested DHB from Wiggle. About £60-00 ish if I remember rightly
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • RichPWRR
    RichPWRR Posts: 6
    I am relatively new to road cycling and after listening to advice on the forum I decided to get some bib shorts. I went for Altec from wiggle. Only worn them a few times but they seem far more comfortable, especially on the LNG rides. I can not recommend them enough.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    DHB Aeron Pro shorts from Wiggle are great. Around £60 and they're better than some shorts twice that amount.

Benefits of bibs include the fact that they stay in the same position when riding, they don't have a waistband that digs into your waist and when your jersey rides up at the back it doesn't expose your lovely pasty-white skin ;)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    I Have just bought some DHB aeron pro bibs, comfy as hell, only went 20 miles, in the pouring rain, but for the £60 price tag they are a steel!! I have nothing to compare them to, but the pad is comfy and the shorts are comfy. the sizing showed me as small on wiggle, but I ordered a medium, and they feel perfect
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • Hollow-legs
    Hollow-legs Posts: 142
    I have just brought a pair of altura ergofit pro gel bibs in black after reading the good reviews they recieved,i have to say i love them ,i have a pair of DHB winter tights,a pair of endura bibs ,,,the alturas are in a different league IMHO!

They are a bargain,i have seen them for sale at under £50 ,,the pad is so comfy,,they are lightweight and fit perfectly.Might not be a brand with appeal but they are great value .
  • theicebun
    theicebun Posts: 15
    I just bought some Continental bib shorts from CRC. A bargain at £40 (having said that, I haven't actually wirn them yet !)