Angelina Jolie

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,946
edited May 2013 in The bottom bracket
No doubt you will have heard on the news that Angelina Jolie has had a double mastectomy as a precaution against breast cancer. It must be sad for her, and sad a thought for anyone like me who thought "wow" when she was Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider films.

Next time I pass a tin collecting tin in aid Breast Cancer research, I'm going to chuck in a quid and say "Thanks for the mammaries", and I urge you to do the same.

We all seem to like them, so lets keep those puppies where they belong.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Indeed - my auntie had her hooters off for just such a reason- for a man its hard to realise what that must mean to a woman given that we live in a society where women are effectively told what defines their femininity. :idea:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Capt Slog wrote:
    No doubt you will have heard on the news that Angelina Jolie has had a double mastectomy as a precaution against breast cancer. It must be sad for her, and sad though for anyone like me who thought "wow" when she was Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider films.

Next time I pass a tin collecting tin in aid Breast Cancer research, I'm going to chuck in a quid and say "Thanks for the mammaries", and I urge you to do the same.

We all seem to like them, so lets keep those puppies where they belong.
    Sadly Angelina's curves had already long since departed, replaced by skin and bone :(

Damn you Brad and your skinny fetish!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    How long before they're on ebay then?
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    A pre-emptive strike against possible breast cancer, she's also on about having her ovaries removed as well.

It's great when medical science can offer people the information to be able to arrive at such conclusions and try and ensure a better chance at future good health.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    A pre-emptive strike against possible breast cancer, she's also on about having her ovaries removed as well.

It's great when medical science can offer people the information to be able to arrive at such conclusions and try and ensure a better chance at future good health.

But on the other hand there is years of horrid turmoil and suffering by the patient and family.
    Given the choice I would do it and in fact had a selective procedure 2 years ago myself. The wifes cousin went through 18 months of heartache and in the end lost the battle, it was far from pleasant for all concerned.
    Living MY dream.
  • Mr_Cellophane
    Mr_Cellophane Posts: 690
    Why don't men get their prostrate gland removed when they turn 60 ? It should be of no use to you by then (unless you happen to be very rich/famous and marry some 20 year old stunner).
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Why don't men get their prostrate gland removed when they turn 60 ? It should be of no use to you by then (unless you happen to be very rich/famous and marry some 20 year old stunner).

By the time I get to 60 I hope to be with a 57 year old stunner, the one that I married when she was a 22 year old stunner. I'd quite like to be in possession of all me bits thank you very much! :D

The older I get, the better I was.

• Mr_Cellophane
    Mr_Cellophane Posts: 690
    But it won't stop you performing, might not even stop you having kids. It will almost certainly reduce the chances though, as all you ejaculate will be sperm.

And the other advantage will be that I don't need to have a doctor stick a finger up my arse every couple of years. (downside will that I will then have to pay someone better looking to do it :oops: )
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    But it won't stop you performing, might not even stop you having kids. It will almost certainly reduce the chances though, as all you ejaculate will be sperm.

And the other advantage will be that I don't need to have a doctor stick a finger up my ars* every couple of years. (downside will that I will then have to pay someone better looking to do it :oops: )
    Now thanks to you I'm picturing 60 years olds ejaculating! Grrrrr. You've put me right off my tea break banana
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954

And the other advantage will be that I don't need to have a doctor stick a finger up my ars* every couple of years. (downside will that I will then have to pay someone better looking to do it :oops: )

I thought they try and avoid removing it if possible even if you do have cancer as it's really difficult to get to and can result in nerve damage affecting your functions.
  • Chamac
    Chamac Posts: 10
    Just for the record guys, although males have orgasms post prostatectomy, no ejaculate of any kind is produced. So no possibility of fathering children I'm afraid.
    In addition as has been mentioned prostatectomy carries significant risk of damage of the nerves which control the ability to achieve erections as well as damage to the valves controlling closing the bladder which can lead to some degree of urinary incontinence.
    This is why no one in their right mind would consider this as a prophylactic procedure such as bilateral mastectomy.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Capt Slog wrote:
    sad a thought for anyone like me who thought "wow" when she was Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider films.

It's also a shame that that was never real - she had to be enhanced even back then for that role.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.