FF helmet padding, adding liner etc

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited May 2013 in MTB general
Recently bought a new 661 comp shifted FF lid. I was going to go for a medium, as that was what I had previously in the older 661 comp, but when I tried it on, it was so god damn tight, it hurt. The large however felt pretty spot on.
As the months have gone on, i've either had my hair cut / pads have settled a little and it now means that the lid is a little loose. If I wear a thin beany under the lid, it is perfect, although a little warm.

I see 3 options;
wear a beany and sweat
buy a new one and run the risk of the same happening again
find some good foam padding etc I can use to bulk out the liner a little

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue and what novel way they solved the problem..

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    To begin with it might be worth checking if your helmet liner is removable and if it is a new liner could make it better.

Personally I would put it down to experience and get a new (different) lid that is on the snug side they always compress with use. Ideally your face should move with the helmet as you turn it from side-to-side.

I had the same experience with a 661 Evo and after getting a new Rampage the whole downhill experience was better. Hardly any wind noise it's a calm secure little bubble to ride in. Amazing how much difference it makes when you can reduce the sensations of riding quickly.